𝟖| 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

"I'll miss you." Y/n whispers against his chest.

Bucky frowns, placing a kiss on top of his sister's head. "I'm gonna miss you, too. But don't worry, I'll be back before you know it. I promise."

For another minute or so, the Barnes siblings continued holding one another before they were hesitantly releasing their arms from one another. Bucky leaned down, grabbing ahold of his bag before he wrapped his free arm around his little sister once more. Y/n turned the knob on the door when they pulled away again, the brother of the two stepping outside into the rain to go and get shipped out to England.

Y/n leaned against the doorway, watching as her brother caught the bus he'd need to go on but not before taking a glance back at his little sister, the sibling that he was always close with, with a sad smile before he entered the bus. Sniffling, Y/n reached up and wiped the tears that fell as she stepped back into her house, closing the door behind her.

The men all stood around nervously in the room where the Winter Soldier was as they waited for their boss to come in and see the man. Two men stood outside the gate, nervous expressions on their faces, one of them warning their boss about how the assassin was unstable.

However, Alexander Pierce didn't bother listening to him as he entered the room when one of the HYDRA agents opened up the gate, letting their boss and Rumlow, who had been trailing behind the man, into the room where Bucky continued sitting in the chair, the agents guns still aimed at him. When Pierce rose his arms up, they all lowered their guns as the man stopped a bit in front of the assassin.

"Mission report." Pierce demands.

However, the Winter Soldier didn't respond, only continuing to stare straight ahead as more memories coursed through his once blank brain, things that he had never thought of before until this day.

He didn't bother noticing Pierce crouching down in front of him as he demanded about the mission report again, only one particular memory coursing through his mind of the day he had found out his little sister had been one of the men in his unit when they had been saved by their childhood best friend.

Steve Rogers wore a pair of brown pants with a matching brown leather jacket over top of his Captain America suit as he searched for his childhood best friend after finding out that half of his unit had been captured by Johann Schmidt, including his best friend. Much to his luck, he had been able to find his best friend, who was strapped to a table, just like someone else across from him but his mind wasn't on that person.

He would save his best friend, then that person. He was determined to get everyone out of this place before they were all killed. Bucky looked relieved to see his best friend standing above him, a smile etching onto his face before he had noticed how much bigger he had gotten than the last time he had seen him.

After helping the brunette up, the blonde looked to the person across from him, reassuring the man that he was saved as the super soldier started unstrapping the soldier from the table. As he did that, Bucky stared down at a soldier that had been in his unit but he hadn't spoken to much, finding 'his' features similar, even with the short hair.

"Y/n?" Bucky mumbles in question.

At the sound of his voice murmuring her name, Steve looks at him with furrowed brows before he looked down at the soldier. Y/n Barnes' tired e/c gaze moved up towards them, sweat laying all over her face as she noticed her older brother and the man who had always been like a brother to her standing above her.

Mumbling their names, the men's eyes widened as they realized that it was, in fact, her. Once getting her unstrapped from the table, Steve helped her up to her feet before Bucky placed his hands on her arms, his tired eyes wide as he stared at his little sister, seeing she was dressed and looked like a man, her once long h/c hair now short in a pixie cut like his.