"How long have you been here?" Shane asked from where he sat on the floor with his back against the wall, one leg propped up with his arm resting on it. 

"I'm not sure... What year is it?" Reina replied, looking at him from where she sat a few feet away on the floor with her back against her bed. 

"2040." Shane replied, resting his head against the wall.

"No. That can't be." Reina chuckled, thinking Shane was joking, when he remained silent she froze. Her hands beginning to tremble as she leaned forward to look at him, her eyes wide. 

"How long have you been here?" Shane repeated, tilting his head to look at her closer. 

"3 years..." Reina whispered, tears burning at her eyes, she leaned back as a single tear ran down her cheek.

"How long ago did they give you the serum?" Shane asked.

"A month or two ago." 

"You were given the new formula... Which explains why it's taken you so long to evolve." 

"New formula? Evolve? Shane what are you talking about?" Reina questioned frantically, leaning forward again. 

"I've been here for 9 years. I was given the first working formula, so all I have is heightened senses and the lion." Shane began, tilting his head back and closing his eyes.

"And me?" Reina pressed. 

"You have heightened senses, and your animal, just like me... However, you also have an element." Shane explained, staring up at the concrete ceiling.

"An element?" Reina questioned, sitting criss cross.

"You're just full of questions aren't you?" Shane chuckled, shaking his head and looked back at her. 

"Answer my question." Reina warned, leaning forward and glaring into his eyes.

"That attitude isn't going to get you far in this place." Shane countered, seeming unfazed by her attitude. 

"Whatever. Get out." Reina growled, standing and walking over to her door. Shane leaned forward and looked at her with a questioning look. 

"Are you deaf?" Reina glared, opening the door and standing beside it.

"No." Shane replied, his voice low.

"Then get the hell out." Reina hissed, crossing her arms and glaring at him menacingly. 

"Don't you want a tour?" Shane asked, standing up and approaching her. 

"Not really, no." She replied coldly, turning so she stood in between Shane and the rest of the cell. 

"Alright, suit yourself." Shane shrugged, walking out of the cell, he stopped in the hall and turned to say something. 

Reina slammed the cell door shut before Shane could say another word, she walked back to her bed and collapsed into it. Staring back up at the ceiling, her mind racing with the new information that Shane had given her. 

'An element?' 

Reina sat up and swung her legs over so her feet were on the ground, she looked down at her hands, her elbows resting on her knees. She closed her eyes tightly and focused on each individual part of her body, hoping something would work. After a few moments of nothing she finally dropped her hands and sighed, opening her eyes and throwing her head back. She looked down at her hands again, she jumped up and stared at the ground. Along the ground surrounding where she had been sitting, ice coated the ground and had even began spreading up the bed frame and nightstand. 

"What the fuck." Reina whispered, turning quickly she headed for the door, she flung it open but the moment she attempted to walk out she was thrown back. 

Reina rolled across the ground before slamming her back against the concrete wall, she rolled onto her back groaning in pain. Her eyes opened slowly, glowing green, she sat up slowly the sound of an alarm overwhelmed her senses. Four armed men came running down the hall, and stopped outside of Reinas' cell, their guns aimed at her, she looked up at them and hissed. Her flight or fight response fired up, her heart began to race, her claws scratched the concrete floor. Reina stood, snarling a warning, her fangs glinted in the bright LED light being admitted from the hallway. 

"Stay back!" One of the Workers yelled, aiming his gun straight at Reina. 

Orange and black stripes spread across her skin, one of the Workers seemed incredibly nervous, and Reina could sense it. She was losing control, and feeding off of his anxiety. Reina locked in on him, she stepped towards him snarling, he whimpered in fear before firing a shot that dug into the stone at her feet. 

Reina saw red, she lost all control, she leaped forward, her skin ripping apart, her bones breaking.