Chapter 46: Peace And Harmony

Start from the beginning

"I wish them good luck," said Rene.

"Me too," said Kitana.

"Me three," said Omi.

As the four lionesses continued chatting with one another, Tanabi and Aisha were surveying their future pride with Chaka and Shani. The four future rulers watched the lions getting along and getting to know each other, forming allies and friendships.

"Well, sis. Looks like the battle has come to an end once and for all," said Chaka.

"Father was hard to convince..." Shani said with a sigh, "If he would see the light at the end of the tunnel, he would've changed his ways."

"Father is very stubborn; you can't convince him to change because he thinks that goodness and kindness are weak," Tanabi replied, "He may be evil but he's still our father."

"We understand, dear. At least he could see your mother again," Aisha cut in.

"To be honest, I kinda miss them..." Shani trailed off, bowing her head and lowering her ears, signifying her grief, "They had done bad things in the past, but I wish they could change their ways."

"Me too, sis. Both of our parents were a lost cause; there was nothing we can do about it," Tanabi consoled, "The great kings will determine their fate in the afterlife."

"No offense, but they belong in hell!" Chaka said with a low growl. Shani gave him a lick on the cheek to calm him down.

"None taken... They deserved everything that had come to them," Tanabi said with a shrug.

"I couldn't have agreed more..." the four lions jumped and saw no one other than Enzi, Hofu, Eshe, and Ali walking out of the den, "Abasi and Mabaya were the worse rulers ever!" said Ali.

"I agree with Ali on this one," said Hofu, joining the conversation.

"I have never been in the outlands, but I don't like when they changed Hofu," said Eshe with a frown.

Hofu licked her cheek, "I regretted joining them in the first place, dear. Those lions were worse than Scar," he bowed his head and lowered his ears, guilt plaguing him like parasites inside its host's body, "Oh, Eshe. If only I could go back in time and prevent everything from happening, then I would have never joined their pride."

"Hofu, we forgave you for all of that. There's no need to beat yourself up," said Chaka.

"Yeah, Hofu. That's in the past and we have to move on from it," said Ali, surprising everyone with her wisdom.

"Since when did you start using words of wisdom?" Enzi said, impressed.

Ali giggled, "I learned it from that crazy monkey," she admitted.

"You mean, Rafiki?" Chaka inquired.

"Whatever his name is. He's wise," Ali commented.

"He is weird and creepy sometimes. Once you get to know him, he's cool," said Hofu.

"I wonder if he has someone to train?" Eshe wondered, "If something were to happen to Rafiki, then someone needs to be the next shaman and healer of the pride lands."

"Beats me," Shani shrugged.

"Tanabi and Aisha, when are you two going to propose?" asked Chaka, changing the subject, "I proposed to Shani last week."

"I proposed to Eshe three days ago," said Hofu.

"And I proposed to Ali the day after the battle," said Enzi.

Tanabi and Aisha exchanged looks before facing everyone in front of them, "We're going to keep it as a surprise for the whole pride. We'll propose in front of everyone during dinner," said Tanabi with Aisha nodding in agreement.

"That sounds great, guys," said Ali, "The pride will be elated."

"Especially Kovu and Kiara. I overheard them talking about your marriages and futures last night," said Hofu.

Aisha smiled, knowing her parents have faith in her and Tanabi as the next rulers of the pride lands. She leaned up against Tanabi who placed his chin on her head, purrs vibrating from his throat.

While the young lions continued chatting, Kovu and Kiara were discussing plans for their marriages for them.

"Oh look at the young lions, Kovu. They're so happy together," said Kiara.

"Just like we were a few years back. All of our children are not cubs anymore," said Kovu.

"We have to talk to them about their marriages. They're already two years old and old enough to get married," Kiara pointed out.

Kovu nodded, "Yes, hon. We can talk with them about the matter later. But for now, let them enjoy their fun,"

Kiara smiled and lay her head on her paws, Kovu accompanying her by putting his chin on Kiara's neck. The two royals watched the conjoined prides chatting with each other, relieved that the tension and hatred had died down and everyone is on good terms.

Later that evening, the pride was eating three wildebeest that the huntresses caught for all the lions in pride rock. Tanabi and Aisha stood in front of everyone as the latter roared, giving everyone his attention.

"Everyone! May I have your attention please?" Tanabi called out as the den got quiet. He licked Aisha's cheek and grabbed her paw, "Aisha. Ever since I met you, I knew you were special. You're brave, kind, smart, and beautiful in many ways."

Everyone watched in awe at their future king and queen as Tanabi was proposing to his future mate, "You are the greatest lioness I have ever met. The great kings and queens above us have blessed us to be joined together. So I want to ask you..." he crouched down, holding Aisha's paw with one paw and using his other paw to stay balanced, "Aisha? Will you marry me and rule beside me as queen of the pride lands?"

Aisha felt tears streaming down her face. She nodded, wiping her face with her forearm, and licked Tanabi's forehead, "Yes!" she exclaimed, "Yes, I will marry you, Tanabi!"

Tanabi stood up and licked Aisha's cheek as the pride erupted in cheers. The future king and queen nuzzled each other, purring in sync. Kovu and Kiara are proud of their eldest daughter and future son-in-law for everything they have accomplished. They walked up to the young couple and congratulated them with their family and friends, whom they appreciated.

"Congrats, you guys!" said Nama, giving her sister and future brother-in-law nuzzles.

"We can't wait for you two to get married!" said Kali.

"I wish uncle Simba and aunt Nala was here to see this," said Hofu."

"Don't forget our great-grandparents," said Faraji, "Sarabi, Sarafina, and Mufasa."

"I wish they were here too," said Aisha, "But they're looking down from above."

"You're right about that, dear," said Tiifu, smiling at her niece, "I am proud of you."

"We all are," Kion piped up with a smile, "You and Tanabi will make a perfect king and queen."

"We have faith in you two," said Vitani.

"Congrats, brother and Aisha," said Shani, ruffling her brother's mane. Tanabi pulled away from his sister and shook his head, fixing his mane.

"Heh, don't mess up my mane, sis," he teased.

"Aw, can't a twin sister like me tease her brother now and then?" Shani teased, earning laughs from around her.

"Not when he's about to get married," he winked playfully and gave his sister a slight shove. Shani rolled her eyes and batted her brother's nose.

"Whatever. You're no fun anyway..." Shani pouted, making everyone laugh.

"Long live Tanabi and Aisha!" Kovu declared.

"Long live Tanabi and Aisha!" Everyone repeated.

The lions started celebrating the proposal for the remainder of the evening, congratulating the future king and queen whilst giving them their prayers and blessings.

End Of Chapter 46