𝟏𝟖 | 𝐈𝐝𝐢𝐚 𝐒𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐝

Start from the beginning

"What happened," Y/N asked quietly, slipping away from Idia and venturing over to the side of the room, peering out of the window. Nothing, absolutely nothing, looked the same as it once had.

Idia huffed and stalked over to the table, picking up what appeared to be an odd chess piece. "Must I reexplain everything to you?" He waved his hand and two more pieces appeared on the table. With another wave of his hand, a chair popped up beneath Y/N, appearing out of a column of smoke, until a tiny black stool stood waiting for her. She sat down, not wanting to anger the already irritated boy.

"Do you remember the day that I caught you?"

Y/N shook her head and Idia ran a hand down his face in exhaustion. "You're worse than Pain and Panic..."

"Excu-"

Another cloud of black smoke appeared around her mouth and as it tightened, Y/N let out a terrified scream. Another one formed around her hands and ankles, tying her to the stool.

"Okay, sweet cheeks," Idia said with a huff, running a hand through his hair. Y/N realised that rather than the flame-like hair that Idia had possessed before, the hair currently swaying from his pale head was true flames. Flames that flickered and danced in the light, rising and falling as they so wished.

"Once upon a time, there was a little goddess called Y/N," Idia said, picking up one of the new chess pieces. Y/N realised that it was a miniature statue of her. Everything from the curl of her hair, to the silk toga that she always wore, to the flower crown on her head was accurate. Disturbingly accurate.

"And one day, the little goddess wandered too far away from her mother." Idia waved his hand and a statue of her mother appeared in his hand. He set her mother's piece down on one side of the board and moved Y/N's piece to the other, close to where the third piece waited.

"And as she got further and further away from her mother, she just so happened to wander into the hands of a god who loved her very much and desired her in every way possible." The third piece was a statue of himself.

Y/N raised her eyes to Idia in shock and horror. He had kidnapped her? Where had he taken her? Was it where she was now?

"I, your loving and caring husband -"

"Husband," Y/N squeaked through the gag.

Idia glared at her. "Yes, dearest. Husband. Hubby. Whatever you want to call it. You, me, we got hitched, okay?" He ran a hand through his hair. "But your dear mother didn't want to give up on you, so she asked your father, the 'mighty' Zeus," another figure appeared in Idia's hand, "to find you. He found you down here and made me take you back to the surface. But before he came to save you..."

He waved his hand and a bowl of fruit appeared before him. He held it out to Y/N and suddenly she felt as though her hands could move again. She pulled them in front of her and picked out a fruit from the basket, hardly paying attention to the ruby red jewel now clutched in her hands when all of her thoughts were focused on the horrifying tale. She had been kidnapped?! She was married?!

"You ate six pomegranate seeds." Idia motioned to the fruit in her hands and Y/N glanced down at it. Sure enough, it was a pomegranate. The most beautiful pomegranate that she had ever seen.

"And because you did that, you belonged here. In the Underworld. With me." Idia's eyes shone in the darkness. "Forever."

Y/N's head shot back up to Idia. She was his? Doomed to live and suffer in the darkness forever?

"Don't give me that look," Idia snapped. "Your father saved you again. He said that since you had only eaten six seeds, you would return to the surface for half of the year, and the rest of the year, you would spend down here with me." He picked up an apple and bit into it, taking a seat on the table. "And today..." he took another bite, "is the first day of those long six months, sweetie."

Y/N stared at the pomegranate in her hands. "And the river?"

Idia chuckled and rose from his seat. He slowly walked around the table, taking Y/N's hand in his and pulling her into his chest. He led her over to the window overlooking the Underworld - she couldn't believe that she wasn't in Night Raven College anymore. He pointed down at the river. "That, dearest, is the River Styx. Where all the souls go when they die. My domain."

He pulled Y/N close to him, pinching her chin between his thumb and forefinger. "And you, dear Y/N, goddess of spring, are its queen."

Y/N threw her covers off, her chest heaving as she threw herself up, unable to lie down any longer. What was that nightmare? She scrambled out of the bed, unknowing that she was disturbing her boyfriend as she did so, and ran over to Idia's desk where her phone was charging. She quickly unplugged it and dialled her mother's number, running from the room without a word to Idia, who lay there quietly, wondering what in Twisted Wonderland was wrong with Y/N.

"Come on, Mom," Y/N muttered, pacing back and forth outside of Idia's dorm. "Come on... pick up... please."

"Y/N?"

"Mom," Y/N shouted, her hand covering her mouth as tears streamed from her eyes.

"Y/N. Sweetie. What's wrong?"

Y/N forced herself to take a deep breath and she ran her hand through her hair. "Nightmare," she whispered. "A nightmare where I was forced to live in the Underworld."

The other line went deathly quiet.

"Mom?"

"Did you tell anyone about this?"

Y/N shook her head, even though she knew that her mother could see her. "No."

There was a sigh on the other end. "I'll schedule an appointment for tomorrow with the Fates and see what they have to say."

Y/N felt the tension somewhat leak from her body. "I love you, Mom."

"I love you too, sweetie."

Y/N hung up the phone and turned, freezing when she saw a frowning Idia standing in the door. She clutched her phone to her chest, unable to get the crazed image of Idia ruling over the dead out of her mind. All she could see was him showing her the River Styx, filled with the souls of the dead as they swam for eternity.

"What's wrong," Idia asked.

"N-nothing. J-just a nightmare."

Idia frowned. "And you felt the need to call your mother about it?"

Y/N frowned. "W-what's wrong with calling her?"

"I was right there," Idia muttered. "You could have just talked to me about it."

"I-I can't," Y/N whispered.

Idia sighed and stepped towards his girlfriend, ignoring the step that she took back. He gently embraced her, holding her tight to his chest and waiting for her shaking to calm before realising her.

"Let's just go back to bed, okay," Idia whispered, brushing away a strand of her hair that had fallen between her eyes. "Let's go back to bed and then you can talk to your mom again in the morning. When you're not half asleep."

Y/N nodded and allowed Idia to pull her back into his room, shutting the door behind him. He helped Y/N climb into bed and gently pulled the covers over her sharking form, smiling as she snuggled closer to him. Even though she had endured a long and twisted nightmare of her boyfriend, she still sought his comfort more than almost anything else in the world. She just... wanted... him...

Once he was sure that Y/N was asleep, Idia let the gentle look fall from his face. He slowly rolled away from her, trying to ensure that she would remain asleep, and tapped a button on the underside of his nightstand. The room around them flickered and died, revealing the world that Idia had spent so long creating. The Underworld. The place where he truly belonged. Not the dorm at Night Raven College. The Underworld. Somewhere where he could rule over the souls of the dead, dooming them to eternity in the River Styx. And Y/N would be queen of it all.

Idia smirked at the girl snuggled up against him. She had no idea that he had stolen her away in the dead of night, slipping into the caverns far beneath the school, where he had erected his lair. No longer would he be the head of Cerberus. Now, he was the god of the dead. The ruler of the Underworld. Just as the Fates had said. And Y/N would be his wife.