Soon enough the garage doors opened and in drive my wife. She parked in her spot and shut the car off. I waited for her to exit the vehicle but she sat down, not moving.

Shan nuh intend to come out?

Skeng ran towards the drivers door barking and turning circles. Soon enough she cracked the door open and he jumped in to join her in the car.

Then look how Skeng sell mi out.

I sat on the steps for another five minutes before I got up to approach the car. 

Shan eyes followed me the entire time. She probably thinks I'm mad at her.

I tried the passenger side door and it was unlocked. I pulled it, slipping into the car and resting my head on the headrest.

The car was quiet, except for Skeng's barking.

I closed my eyes as I tried to block out the headache that was forming. Gas probably all tek mi up to how long mi deh yah a wait fi shan.

"Yuh alright?" I asked

Me just waah know seh she good.

There was no response.

I opened my eyes to look over to Shan and she had her head down and her hands in her lap.

I feel like shit for basically attacking her this morning. I already know how Shan is. If she doesn't want you in her business, she just doesn't.

Granted, she is a little more open now compared to a year ago but I know deep down she is still guarded.

She nuh want anybody a judge her.

"Yuh eat sumn?" I asked, trying to get some reaction from her.

She shook her head, no.

I cursed under my breath by that fact.

"Yuh hungry?" I asked. Me hungry too and the food in a the house a wait pon we.

Mommy sort out some curried goat for me and I think she baked chicken too. Mi just couldn't eat it because Mi a fret bout Shan.

Shan doesn't answer my question though.

She hungry.

"Food in a the house enuh. You want us to go eat together?" I asked next.

She shook her head, no.

I sighed

I laid my head back on the headrest, trying to figure out how to get through to Shan.

I came up blank.

"I don't want her food." She said in a whisper.

"Shan yuh cya in a malice with mommy. Over a little disagreement?"

"A she malice me. Me tell her morning and she ignore me but as you come she bright and chirpy. Mi nuh want the food, it's fine I'll go to my bed hungry." She says while looking down.

"Go to which bed hungry? Yuh must mad. What yuh want to eat?" I asked her, patting my pocket to see if my wallet is still there.

"Mi nuh know, burger?" She says and I nod.

"Alright, come mek we go BK..."

__________________

"Yuh ready for what's to come?" I ask her as we sat in the BK parking lot.

I had eaten two fish sandwiches and Shan was tearing through a whopper. We did hungry bad and there is no denying that.

"I'm kind of scared" she says, after taking a sip from her juice.

"Why?" I asked a bit confused.

"It just seem like a lot for me to handle. Some of the new staff are more qualified than I am and I don't want to embarrass you." She says looking out the window.

I was about to react to her statement immediately but I decided to take a moment and let what she said sink in.

Shan is the official managing director of both Cryptic locations. I don't plan to leave her out to fend on her own at all but being the ascending CEO for TD Grant will be a lot of work.

However, if I didn't think that she could do it, I wouldn't give her the role. Mi trust her instinct and her natural drive to succeed.

Plus nepotism worked in my favorite so there is no way in hell I'm going to give someone else the position over my wife.

Dem could a over qualified some more.

Shan have it man. She just need to get out of her own head.

"I have a lot of faith in you babe. One thing I know is that you don't crumble under pressure nor do you ever make excuses for not producing. You're a star and I know once you start doing it, you will be doing it." I tell her and she smiles.

"I don't want to disappoint you." She tells me and I scoff.

"Shan, yuh could burn the whole fucking business to the ground and mi wouldn't care. Yuh cya disappoint Mi." I say then squeeze her thigh.

"Hurry up and done eat so we can go home. Member yuh a bring dem go airport a morning." I reminded her and she nod.

Plus sleep a box mi. Eat too much junk just now.

I need to get some time in at the gym tomorrow.