"Ah, I'll go talk to the doctor." Namjoon scratched the back of his head. "I'll be right back," he said before shuffling out of the room.

Mimi turned to glare at Jungkook. "You, stupid, clumsy human. You're noisy, messy and always trouble."

"Sorry," Jungkook squeaked, unexpecting the personal attack.

"Can't believe I have to keep a steady eye on you. How did you even survive all these years? You chop your fingers with kitchen knife, stub your toe at least once a day, run into things, and burn your fingers on the stove. Can you go a day without hurting yourself?"

Jungkook blinked. He didn't know the fairy noticed all these details about him. Warmth rushed to his chest. "I'll be careful," he said. A smile threatened to tug at his lips.

Mimi huffed. "And TaeTae and Yoongles keep saying humans can't be trusted. "How do I explain you can't be trusted with yourself first." He tsked. "Such a kid."

Jungkook pouted. "I'm twenty-eight."

Mimi cocked a brow. "Was that supposed to mean something?"

"Ah...um, nothing?" He scratched his head, wincing one more time.

Mimi's expression changed from fury to concern immediately. "Are you in pain, Koo?" he asked, fussing over him. He touched his face, tilting his head and scrunching his nose. "Koo needs healing soup. It will numb the pain and boost your healing."

Jungkook's heart raced at the proximity, and cheeks flared. Perhaps his entire face turned red, but Mimi seemed so oblivious to everything that was happening to him.

Fortunately, Namjoon returned, and Mimi turned into his pocket-sized form, hiding behind a curtain. They finished the formalities in the next hour and soon were on their way home.

***

Three days later...

Jungkook should have gotten used to three fairies ruling his home by now. After all, he'd been observing these tiny things for almost a year. However, that didn't make it easy to believe that they were now on friendly terms.

Mimi fussed over him at every chance he got, watching his every move. The herbal brew he concocted was death in liquid form. It was bitter and almost burned his throat, but Mimi was adamant, and Jungkook almost cried while swallowing it.

However, true to Mimi's words, the medicine took effect almost immediately. It numbed his body pain, and he felt so much better. His head was less heavy, and sleep came easier. Everything was fine except for food.

Mimi and his two fairy friends, TaeTae and Yoongles, didn't know how to cook. So Jungkook and Namjoon had to survive on fruits for three days. His tongue craved some spicy ramyeon, but the fairies didn't allow him to leave the bed.

Namjoon tried, but his clumsy hyung almost set the kitchen on fire and was confined to Jungkook's bedroom with a very furious fairy guarding him. He couldn't even put down his feet without the fairy squeaking angrily.

"Yoongles is our warrior. His poison sword can kill you in a heartbeat. So don't mess with us," Mimi warned not so kindly before going out to fetch more fruits.

Thankfully on the third day, Seokjin and Hoseok arrived. Their food crisis was averted after Seokjin proved he wasn't self-destructive and was a capable human. He had to pass Mimi's strict evaluation of the course.

As for Hoseok, he was adopted by the other two fairies after an hour and was dragged to the attic, where he happily agreed to room with them. His hyung was excited than anyone else. As with everyone else, he, too, got a nickname Hobi, which he seemed to love immediately.