- Rose Weil | Treat over tricks

Start from the beginning

My jaw dropped at the sight and my eyes couldn't seem to stick to one place. If it wasn't for my outfit I'd think I'd really gone to heaven at the mere presence of her.

"You look absolutely wonderful dear! I told you the white would fit you perfectly!"

The way her confidence grew when she wore something like this never ceased to make me swoon. And yet, I couldn't believe she was my girlfriend.

"I could never deny such a talented designer's opinion."

My feet led me to her, as if moving by nature. My hand clasping around her waist and my lips carefully kissing hers. The compliment I had given her brought a small blush to her face as well, the strategy never failing.

Her lips moved against mine and I could feel the red of them smearing onto my skin.

~ "Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?" ~ The Witch (2015)

Soon, her hands were one my neck and cheeks, pulling me into her, heaven indeed. The bell rang behind me, her lips leaving mine. Immediately I went to open it, turning my head to look at her once more.

"I'll get it, but keep your lips warm for me."

A blush rose up on her cheeks, the small tint making her skin match her outfit. To think someone who brings me heaven could look so utterly adorable in a devil's outfit.

I walked to the hall, opening up the door yet another time. A small child with a hello kitty mask presented themselves on the doorstep. Ginger hair poked out from underneath the mask, a pair of denim suspenders and a stripy shirt covering most of their body.

(Please catch the reference..)

It felt odd for someone so young to be out by this hour, but I payed it no more mind. With
candy bucket in hand, the kid spoke

"Hi, I'm... Tommy, and I'm your friend til the end. Wanna play?"

The situation confused me, but they were slightly adorable.

"Oh, hello kitty! Great costume."

The kid didn't respond to the compliment mainly kept going in his odd childlike way.

"If you tell me what I need to know, I'll give you a treat!"

The first trick or treater ever that reverses the rolls and gives the house owners treats, I tell yah. Though.. it was interesting.

"Well.. what do you need to know?"

The kid tilted their head, looking awfully like a curious dog. I don't know why, but it put me on edge to interact with them..

"I'm looking for a party."

A party? Ugh, kids these days.

"Aren't you a little young for that kind of thing?"

I couldn't help but giggle a little after my sentence, though the kid remained unbothered.

"If you don't tell me, you might just get a trick instead."

His tone changed slightly, I still thought him a kid, but something in me felt as though it was a threat.

"Well, I don't think that would be necessary, uhm, right, I think the Aidens family are throwing a Halloween party, they do so every year. You can even hear the music from here."

He giggled and looked down into his bag.

"Thanks lady. Here's your treat."

Then he handed me a shiny red apple, the neon lights even shining off of it. Immediately, the kid began walking a away, a silent 'hidey-ho' rustling behind him.