Chapter 2: She's alright

Harleen was quickly penning down some thoughts and notes of the green woman from yesterday. As she brought her paperwork and notes to a conclusion she soon heard a knock upon her door. She shuffled to get up, opening the door to a much younger girl, most likely an intern.

"Hello Dr. Quinzel! I'm sorry I just wanted to introduce myself to the new staff, my name is Barbara, I've been working here for a couple of weeks and it sure made a difference when I met some people around here. I'm a practicing nurse, but anyways here's a slice of cheese cake, I had some extra slices and thought it'd be perfect for the occasion." This Barbara girl spurts out, obviously filled with energy, not to different from Harleen's energy.

" Hi, welcome, come in and tell me more! All I'm really doing is preparing my strategy for my client" Harleen said " I'd love to talk, after all I wouldn't mind some company in all honesty"

" Well may I ask who your client is?" She asked curiously. "Oh my clients name is Dr. Pamela Isley, or known as Poison Ivey. She's a bit much though, I truly wasn't expecting her to be so hostile within our first session. She's very clammy per say, but is a very interesting character so far." She said, trying to summarize her thoughts on the green woman.

" Oh Poison Ivey! I'm one of the curses they've cycled for her. Gee yeah, she is something, very intimidating in my opinion. But after a few weeks she stopped being angry towards me, rather becoming neutral." Barb recounted.

" I believe that there could still be some good in her, believe that for everyone in this place, I just believe they need a helping hand to get there" Harleen said naively.

Barbara nodded her head in agreement, and had gotten up. "Well I ought to be going, my lunch break is up. I do wish you luck with Pamela, I do believe that she's not yet far gone. Anyway, catch ya later Quin". Barb threw a smile and scampered off.

"Huh, she was nice" Harleen mumbled as she prepared herself for her session.
-----------------------------

As she walked to Pamela's cell, she braces herself to have to deal with whatever creepy bullshit the laughing stock was going to say today.

"Hey doll face, come back for more? Knew you loved me! That's a big odd considering you met me yesterday, but I can't blame ya'!" He says. Harleen just looks at him, like he's an actual dumbass, turns and knocks on Pamela's door. "Aw still a no sweetheart? I don't bite." He chuckles

" Hey Pamela, hope you're decent I'm coming in." Quinzel announces while putting her code in.

"You again? Seriously, alreadly? I thought that little scare would've kept you off till at least Friday" Isley says, feigning annoyance. Rather the fact that 'Ms. Dr. Quinzel what's her face' came back so soon had intrigued her.

Despite being locked up in this dump, and having no access to nature, confident women and the burliest of men still quivered in the presence of Poison Ivey. The lack of empathy to humans have long since left her, only having room for plants and animals, so she had no problem with having to bang a few heads against her cell wall, intimidate, or seduce her past psychiatrists to leave her be.

" Yes! It's me, the new thorn in your side, good ol' Harleen." Harleen stated, trying to lift the mood a bit, only failing to do so. " You getting to deal with me until I decide that you are doing better, or y'know if I give up, but that's really not an option to me." She says stubbornly.

Ivey finally turns around for the wall she had been facing. She gave a quick up-down of Harleen, analyzing whatever horrible style options she chose today. But today Harleen looked quit nice, red button up, black pencil skirt, same thick glasses she noticed yesterday, and her lab coat. But she of course couldn't gloss over Harleen's beautiful physique, pretty face, cute eyes, nice lips- 'girl what'. Ivey snaps out of her thoughts, brushing whatever... that was to the side.

"I suppose I do have to deal with you, but that doesn't mean I'll talk to you."

"Well is that not what you're doing right now?" Harleen chuckles.

Pam just scoffs and frowns. "well anyways , how are you feeling today Pamela" Harleen asks. "Just peachy" she mumbles.

"Seriously can you leave now, I'm alreadly tired of you." Isley groans. " Ouch, that one really stung" Harleen chuckles.

" But I am going to ask you some questions today to just start us off, now it's your choice to answer them or not" Harleen says, flipping through her notes to find a topic to start off with. "you alreadly know which of those I'm choosing" Pamela adds.

" Okay well what was your family like growing up?" 'wow! Never heard that before'. Pamela slow claps her hands, giving an standing ovation. "Damn Harleen, never heard that one before, what are you going to ask next? if my dad was abusive growing up too?" Ivey scoffs, couldn't they ask something less basic? All these janky therapists were the same to Pamela, only after information, a couple details to add to a dusty file, hoping to strike gold and get a raise.

But Harleen was not like the rest. She taps her pen for a few seconds in thought and slides her clip board next to her feet. "Well Pam you got me there, yes, very basic question. But I do need something to build a foundation on" she reasons. "Well fuck off, you don't need anything from me, just get lost" Pamela snaps.

Silence consumes the room for a moment, letting Ivey and Harleen sit in the awkwardness of it.

"When I was a little girl Ivey, life was not the greatest. Let's just start with the fact my father wasn't too kind and mama wasn't too happy. My whole life my dad kept getting into serious trouble and expected to use me to get him outta it, no matta what it cost me. He was an abusive douchebag and my momma was sad indoctrinated woman that was convinced he loved her. Always stuck to his side like a puppy no matta what, even if he just finished up a beating on me or her" Harleen admits, slightly, but unknowingly, her accent seemed to slip through little by little. -"I'm sorry" Ivey interrupts. She clears her throat and continues trying to find a meaning in her ramble, ridding her accent that had caught on "But what I mean is, coming from a bad home could've warranted me to turn out like them or something completely different from them but still on a path I shouldn't have been on. And I do believe that everyone still has the ability to change, or at least the ability to make small ones having emotions like the ones I had were unhealthy to bottle up for so many years, and I payed the price for my silence."

"I believe that you could use a friend of sorts, or at least an ear to talk to. Something to sort out your thoughts and make your true intentions shown, because truly we can mixed up into things on the whim. I don't believe that you belong in Arkham, i believe that you're going about things in life the wrong way."

Ivey was silent. Stuck in thought. For the first time one of these pretentious psychos had a reasoning for why they're even talking to Ivey other than just a ' way to better understand her' or 'i just wanted to help people when I got older' it might've been a ploy, but it was still a bit shocking towards her. And not to mention, although no where near identical, Harleen's story was similar to her own.

After 6 long minutes of Ivey being lost in thought, Harleen speaks up "I will give you a bit of time Pamela, but I hope to speak to you again tomorrow." She fixes her skirt and hair, and gives Ivey one last nod before reaching for the door.

"Wait" Pamela blurts out. She quickly gathers something to say "thank you, I just wanted to say thank you. Have a good day Harleen."

Quinzel smiles and closes the cell behind her.

--------------------------
"God the way I threw that out there was stupid, she's a villain she wouldn't care that much of some random girl" Harleen says while rinsing the shampoo from her hair. "welp no changing the past I suppose." She says while drawing herself off, climbing into bed with a cup of tea and some melatonin.

------------------------------

'She isn't horrible I suppose' Ivey thinks.

_____________

[Authors note: some breakthrough, slay!! Was it too soon? Perhaps, Im trying to not to rush anything a lot so this is my attempt. Anyways I'll be making as many chapters as I can while I have no school, let me know ur thoughts on today's chapter :) ]