5. give me a minute to hold my girl

Start bij het begin

"I thought I'd give you these", Daemon pulled a white rose and a red rose from behind his back, one of each to represent the two of them — Roseva rolled her eyes at his persistence but walked towards him nonetheless.

Despite his nature aggravating her she couldn't help but swell inside at his nice gesture — it was so unlike him, "You didn't have to do that", Roseva held the roses in her hand before walking back to her vanity to add them to her collection that was held in a glass vase, the single white rose standing out amongst the red ones — she knew that it was what Daemon wanted all along.

Roseva didn't know what else to say and quite frankly neither did Daemon, the air around them wasn't awkward — more so peaceful. She began to look like she was going to cry again so he was quick so usher her back into bed before moving to lay beside her.

Roseva laid confused — staring at the side of his face like he had grown an extra head. Soon he laughed, a pure one that she hadn't seen since he left many years ago.

"What are you doing?", she asked, voice wobbly from crying that almost made him look at her in concern but he remained still. He felt her shift so she laid on her side to look at him properly so he decided to do the same — looking at her beautiful face.

"I came to see you, to make sure that...", he looked into the distance for the right words, "you were okay", Daemon looked hesitant as every interaction they have had would start and end in her shouting at him or leaving him stunned.

But instead she smiled. She smiled. He thought it was breathtaking.

"I am the most evil woman in the Seven Kingdoms", she admitted when her smile fell, Daemon looked over at her with a crease in his eyebrow — not understanding how someone so pure could think such a thing.

"Why do you think that?".

"I was there, Daemon", she looked back at him, "I should have persuaded Visery's to choose another path but instead I...", Roseva trailed off not being able to finish the sentence, a tear slipping down her face.

Daemon didn't say anything, he didn't know what to say because nothing he said would comfort her so instead he wiped the tear away — shuffling his arm underneath her head to pull her against his leather chest.

Roseva wanted to fight against him, push him away but she was beyond exhausted so she laid still, arm around his stomach. She hadn't touched him since he arrived — too tempered by fury.

"I happen to believe that you are the kindest soul in all the Seven Kingdoms", he smoothed her hair back, the pair looking at the ceiling that was painted with stars — per Roseva's request. "Rhaenyra doesn't hate you".

Roseva sighed at his words, she hated how he could read her like a book — knowing the other reason she was so upset and hadn't left her chambers, not even to eat.

"And you don't hate me", he added with a smile, looking at the stars — secretly frightened that her face would scold him but she didn't she merely swatted his chest with a hinted smile.

Roseva wanted to ask — ask the one question she had been so desperate to ask since he arrived but she was scared of his answer. She thought back to Rhaenyra's words and mustered up the courage but all so hesitantly, "Do you ever think about what would have happened if you never left?",