Chapter 2

"Come on Mark, get up."

I shook his shoulders annoyingly to awake him from his slumber. I was dressed and ready for classes, however he ignored his alarm clock and stood in bed.

Me and Mark go to the same university. We are also dorm mates. To add on, we have been dating since our first year of high school.

"Let's go, you'll be late for your studies."

"But Jinyoung, I don't feel good."

Mark whined and groaned, turning around to face me with a pout.

"You say that every single morning. Come on, I'm ready and you're not. Go wash up and get dressed."

I tugged him up by his arms, pulling him out of the bed and onto his feet. Mark's head fell to the side, along with his eyes half lidded. Mumbling came out as he slowly dragged his feet across the floor to the bathroom. I yelled out to him as the door closed.

"Yeah whatever, just hurry up!"

~~~

"Mark let's go! We have five minutes to make it across campus and into our classrooms."

I shouted while throwing my bag over my shoulder, hoping to see him walk out the bathroom any moment.

"I heard you already."

Mark spoke in an annoyed tone, grabbing his bag as well as he walked out the restroom. He opened the door while speeding out the dorm, leaving me to follow.

"Wait! Yah!"

I shouted once again, locking up the room then catching up. Mark slowed down slightly, letting me make it to his point.

"One minute you're dragging your body and being real slow, then the next you leave me in the wind."

I spoke with a huff of breath. He gave a small laugh, slinging his arm around my shoulders.

"Sorry, but I didn't realize how late we were. Which we should probably speed up."

Mark removed his just placed arm, and ran towards the stairs to head down. His feet were moving faster than his mind, causing him to miss a step and fall forward down the long flight. I attempted to grab his hand, but almost fell myself in doing so.

"Mark!"

I sprinted down the steps, bending down to my boyfriend who lay on the floor knocked out cold.

"Are you breathing? Please tell me you're at least alive!"

I checked his neck for a pulse, which was evidently beating. I sighed in relief, and pulled out my cellphone while dialing the emergency number.

"At least I know he's not dead."

A tear strolled down my cheek from the fear still set in, putting the phone to my ear.

"911, what's your emergency?"

I took a gulp, straining to hold back the lump in my hoarse throat.

"Uh, my partner fell down a flight of stairs and is unconscious. He does have a pulse."

"Okay and where are you located? Where did this take place?"

"University of Los Angeles."

My mouth spoke quickly, just wanting ambulance here as soon as possible. The operator spoke calmly over the line.

"Okay well sir paramedics will be with you shortly. Just stay put, and keep your partner's head elevated."

"Thank you."

As I hung up and put the phone by my side, I put Mark's head resting on my lap. A few tears raced down my cheeks as I was scared, not wanting to lose Mark to head injury. I really didn't want to lose him at all.