⎼⎼⌞chapter fifteen⌝⎼⎼

Start from the beginning

"But—" I began before Staci abruptly cut me off.

"Nope." Staci answered grabbing our things from the back and making her way up front again.

"...So, you and Donald being back together. How's that been?" Staci said trying to take our minds off the flooding in the kitchen.

"Great. I mean obviously I was upset about his reaction to the whole Dax thing, but I think I would have reacted the same way. We've been together for four years Stace, I really can't imagine being with anybody else. I love him." I ranted to her as she nodded.

"I get it, he just needed a good wake up call." Staci nodded. "Are you guys still moving in together after graduation?"

"Yeah, we're practically back to how we were before that whole situation even happened." I said as Staci gasped at the site of our coworkers finally coming in.

"Hey Zeke, did you do something new to your hair? And Barbra! Love the shoes girlfriend!" Staci said as she hurriedly grabbed our things and began discreetly pushing me towards the door.

"No?" Zeke mumbled as he stared at us confused.

"Can't chat, gotta head out! Bye!" Staci said as we finally exited the building.

"We are so getting fired." I said shaking my head at her in disbelief as she let out a snort.

***

"When's the party starting?" I asked as I grabbed a bag of chips from the pantry and set them down on the counter, searching for the jar of salsa.

"In an hour." Donald said grabbing the bag of chips and eating a few.

"Bumper can you open this?" I said handing him the jar of salsa as he looked at me and scoffed.

"Cass, I've got moisturizer on my hands." Bumper said shaking his head in disbelief that I even asked him. I rolled my eyes and handed the jar to Staci.

"I'm right here? You literally skipped over me." Donald said in disbelief as he looked at the two people he sat between on the barstools. "I can't believe you just passed over me."

"Donald, you know I love you but they just have upper body strength." I said shrugging as his jaw dropped.

"Nope, no, uh-uh. Staci, the jar." Donald shook his head as he held his hand out for the jar. Staci tried to hide her grin as she slid the jar over to him.

"Are you— Cass, can you give me the rag?" Donald said as he struggled to open it. Staci and I trying to hold back our laughter as I handed him the rag.

"C'mon! Why are you guys laughing it's impossible to open this. I need to exercise more." Donald continued struggling as we laughed, Bumper staring at him in disappointment.

"I can't open it, this is a shameful moment. At this point just bring me a hammer." Donald sighed as we continued cracking up.

"What are you doing?" Greg asked as he stared at the jar in Donald's hand.

"Watching Donald's pathetic attempt at opening the salsa jar." Bumper said still staring at Donald in disappointment.

"I see that, do you know why he can't open it?" Greg said sarcastically as he yanked the jar out of Donald's hands.

"Because I am weak. Thank you." Donald said sarcastically as he sighed.

"No, you idiot. I superglued the lid to prank Jesse later. I literally told you two." Greg said rolling his eyes as he put the jar back in the cabinet.

"Yes! Thank you, Greg." Donald said in relief before turning towards me with a smug look. "Well would you look at that?"

"Do you want me to grab another jar for you to open?" I said equally as smug as he immediately shook his head no.