𝑬𝒙𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒖𝒎- 𝑷𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒕

Start from the beginning

"Well yeah, but I didn't need a chaperone it's just a couple of Brutes," Kidist said as he reached down and picked up the illuminating spiky orb off the ground. He stared down at the small soul in his hand for a moment before clasping his hand shut and crushing it down to mere dust. A small 'crunch' sound came from the fragile orb before Kidist opened his hand again. Allowing the dust to fly from the palm of his hand and get carried away with the wind.

Even though it was only a brute demon, a beast-like savage form demons take after death, Kidist still felt a bit of guilt crushing the soul that once gave life. This wasn't the first brute he had killed, and it definitely wouldn't be the last.

"I have no doubt in your abilities, I trained you," Lance said before letting out a chuckle that perfectly accompanied the smirk on his face.

"But, Imani worry's about your safety a lot. You're kind of a big deal if you haven't noticed. Which is why he put Lakai in charge of your safety. And of course, Lakai wanted to make sure you have the best of the best protecting you. Aka me." Lance said pointing to himself and his smirk growing into a full-blown smile at the last part.

Kidist shook his head and slightly rolled his eyes in a joking manner over how full of himself Lance is, though not for good reason. Lance really is the best of the best.

Being one of the only 5 stars in Exsilium, he's automatically placed at the top of the food chain. His ability, Blast, and the way he's mastered it really does earn him the title of one of Exsilium's best.

And to top it off, Lance has great looks.

Between his seemingly perfect facial structure, his silky short blonde hair, and his beautiful forest green eyes, Lance is a piece of eye candy.

"Anyways we should keep moving, you still have one more brute to exorcise," Lance says before turning away from Kidist and continuing to follow the path through the forest. He slipped his hands into the pockets of his slightly baggy blue jeans that were accompanied by a black turtleneck that fit Lance perfectly.

The two were in the depths of the Tallis woods, which was a huge forest made up of many large oak trees. The canopy of the trees blocked out most of the sunlight, making the forest slightly gloomy.

Tallis woods are inhabited by tons of wildlife, but it's also where brute demons love to hang out. It's bad to just leave brute demons as they are ferocious beasts and would cause havoc amongst the human population.

And on top of that Kidist just needed some training.

Now while Kidist isn't as strong as the likes of Lance, Kidist only being a 4-Star, his strength still isn't something to laugh at. He can easily hold his own in a battle and he's still very young. Not to mention a human.

One day Kidist could easily become more powerful than Lance. Imani even believes that one-day Kidist will exceed Imani's strengths.

Though that seems unimaginable to Kidist.

The duo continued down the path, only the small noises of the forest could be heard, the birds chirping, the leaves swaying in the wind, and the small sound of the two's footsteps.

Until Lance suddenly stopped, Kidist stopping as well only a couple of steps behind Lance.

Lance's hands didn't come out of his pockets and his general demeanor didn't change, all he did was slightly look around. Looking into the depths of the forest around him.

Kidist looked as well, trying to see if he could see what Lance saw if Lance saw anything at all; but all he saw was the dark pits of the Tallis.

"Do you feel it? One's coming" Lance said, his voice wasn't as loud as normal, and his tone was slightly serious, a big contrast to his normally cocky and egotistic tone.