Of course, the blonde thinks to herself. Pol takes a moment to light a cigarette, then continues, "Made sure people think we were in on it. Smart, this copper."

     A moment of silence stood between them all, as they all knew this would only bring problems. Problems they seemingly didn't have time for. "So go on. Drink your beers. Get out", Polly exclaims, "You better show people you'll still the cocks of the walk."

     "Hand out some cash to the landlords of the pubs", Thomas adds, "Pay some veterans to fix the places up."

     The men in the room all quickly finish their cup of beer and set their empty glass on the table before disappearing behind the shop doors. "So what about you Tommy?", Arthur asks as he swings his long coat over his shoulders.

"I've to go to Charlie's to stable the horse", he replies as he takes a drag of his lit cigarette, "Looked foot sore in the box."

"Let them see your faces", Polly exclaims as she and Arthur too disappear behind the shop doors; Polly giving the girl a look in the eyes as the doors close.

Elizabeth stand there, still in silence, as she knows she is the only one left standing in the room with Mr. Thomas Shelby.

"I think it's safe to assume we both know what they're looking for", she speaks first, catching Thomas slightly off guard.

He looks up at the girl who is not looking back at him, but at the ground in front of her. "How many?", she asks, "Churchill wouldn't send a man like that over a few petty guns."

"So you're an expert on guns now eh?", Thomas replies with a slight smirk on his face, missed by his girl as her eyes stay locked on the floor.

"I can read", she says suddenly looking up at the man, "You're not the only one who waded into a war."

"A crate full", Thomas say lowly after a quick moment of silence, Elizabeth's head tilting to the side.

"A fuckin' crate full of handguns!", Elizabeth exclaims, still making sure to keep her voice low enough.

Thomas slightly shakes his head, "Lewis machine gun, rounds of ammunition, semi-automatic rifles, pistols with shells", he lists.

"Fuckin' hell Thomas", Elizabeth says letting out a breathy sigh.

"It was supposed to be routine", he says, "Steal four bikes with petrol, bring 'em back to Charlie's."

"You're saying they're just sitting out there?", she asks.

"We put them in the stables", Thomas assures, "Keep them out of the rain."

"I think the rain should be the least of your worries", Elizabeth exclaims, "This cooper won't rest until they're in his hands Thomas."

Thomas could see the expression on Elizabeth's face. One he knew well. The one that told him she wasn't telling him something. "Did he talk to you?", he asks and he can see her expression change again, indicating he hit the marker.

Elizabeth hated how he was able to pick up on her emotions, but then again, it was the same for him. "I think I can recall you don't care for women's business", she slyly replies.

     "Did he talk to you Elizabeth, yes or no?", he repeats, this time with more force in his tone.

"For what it's worth", Elizabeth says diverting her eyes from his that are pointed at her, "Yes."

Without another word Thomas grabs his coat off the back of a chair, quite harshly at that, and walks into the betting shop himself. Leaving Miss. Alder standing at the Shelby table alone.