Everyone had seen this movie a million times, and know it practically off by heart. By the time it got to the second ghost, Cream was bored, and went back to showing Sonic the little Christmas figures.
Look, Sonic, this is the little lamb, and this is the wise men! And this is Mary," she excitedly told, Sonic interested.
"Oh! This is my favorite part of the movie when they watch the Cratchits have their Christmas Dinner!" Cream exclaimed.
As much as Sonic liked A Christmas Carol, this scene always left him feeling empty, like there was a void there to be filled still.

***

"Well, I think that it's time for presents now!" Vector exclaimed, getting a little flustered.
"Well, I guess we should go now Tails," Sonic began, but Vanilla stopped, "Wait, we got you something,"
"Wha-? Me? And Tails? Aw, you didn't have to!" Sonic started, watching as Charmy yelled in excitement at the LEGO set he'd just unwrapped, Cream feeling the same about her new My Little Pony plush.
"No, it's ok. We wanted to," she handed Tails' first, as he revealed it to be a jar off humbugs, "Bah, Humbug! Who told you I like mints?" Tails joked, everyone laughing.
"And, um.. Sonic.. this is your's" Vanilla handed a rather flat gift over, Sonic wondering what in the world it could be as he unwrapped the pretty paper, "What is it Cream?"
"I don't know, Mother wouldn't even tell me," she peered at the unwrapped gift, it was an envelope.
"Well, I'm completely stumped at what this could be," Sonic laughed as he went to open it, thinking that it would probably be a gift card, noticing Vanilla nervously looking at Vector, who responded by hugging her.
Glancing down at the sheet of paper in his hand still confused, Sonic began to read it.

This is to certifies that
Vanilla Rabbitson
Officially adopted

"Stop-" Sonic didn't need to read anymore, holding his hand up to his mouth, "Stop," he said again, this time with tears, "Is this real?" He read the rest of it, sure enough, it read;

Officially adopted
Sonic Wachowski

"I can't believe it," he cried.
"Well, on Thanksgiving, you told us how you've never really had true parents, just a foster one, so I thought that I'ld fill that role in," Vanilla explained, "Only if you want to be apart of our family, that is,"
"Of course," Sonic gasped, still in disbelief. This whole thing still felt like a dream.

"Ok, bring it in then," Vanilla held out her arms, Sonic gladly taking the hug. It just felt so nice, so right, like that void he felt had just been filled, "Thanks, Mom,"

"Ahem," Vanilla heard Vector, "Yes, I know that you're waiting for your present too, dearie.. oh!"
Vector was knelt down, holding a small black box.
"You're supposed to be stood up for this, but whatever works best for you I guess.." he joked, blushing like crazy, Vanilla immediately standing up, excited beyond belief, Sonic taking his seat on the couch again.

"Vanilla, from the day we meet, I loved you. Not a night went past where I did not think about how caring and sweet you was, how you made me smile, how you took care of me when I broke my arm. I want to spend every last day alive with you. That's why I'm asking you," he opened the box, revealing a ring, "to marry me,"

"YES!" Vanilla shouted. Louder then anyone had ever heard her shout. "Yes, yes, yes! I love you Vector!" The two continued to dance around the room, Charmy putting on the playlist that Vector had put together for this very special day.
Not long after, Tails did his goodbyes and left, promising Sonic that he would come round in the evening.

As everyone got ready for bed, Cream and Charmy putting out cookies and milk for Santa, Sonic made himself comfortable in the couch. Of course, there was Charmy's spare bed on his bunk that Cream after used, and then Vanilla sleeps with Vector, so they're wasn't enough beds for Sonic to have one, but he didn't mind the couch, it was incredibly soft and comfortable. Vanilla came over just as he was falling asleep.
"Merry Christmas son,"
Sonic smiled to himself, he felt warm and fuzzy inside, something he hadn't felt in forever as he closed his eyes to sleep
Hmm. Maybe this year hasn't been so disastrous after all

This story ends on a Wintery night at the Chaotix household

The End