Chapter 4: Pierogi and Pigs

"Can we- can we take a break?" Barbara begged as the four of you were walking through the countryside. "If my legs didn't die back at that suicide of a plan they would know."

"I'm fine with that," You agreed, masking your own exhaustion as you and Barbara fell to the ground. "at least we managed to escape the authorities no? So not that bad of a plan."

"I didn't call it bad, I called it suicidal." Barbara turned to Hannah. "Keep a better eye on them next time."

Hannah chuckled. "That's hard not to do when they blow up half a train no? But hey, it shows they got something going on inside their head."

You narrowed your eyes with a small smile. "Oh? Is that something of a compliment I'm hearing from you, Hannah?"

Busy petting Diana Hannah seemed to barely consider your words, or at least attempt to hide whatever she was feeling. Some kind of humility? "Don't push it, or you'll end up like a certain annoying agent I know too well."

"Talking agents -" You'd roll your eyes at the statement. "do you think we're still being chased? Is it even safe to rest?"

"I'm good at directions. And the change of letters combined with the smell of pierogi tells me we are far from the motherland, no way Poland is going to let any agents just charge through here." Explained Barbara, still out of breath.

"You know, now that we're still for the moment..." Hannah would center in on you. "how about we work on those royal skills and knowledge of yours?"

You tilted your head. "My what?"

"Come on, you really think you'll get past even the lowest of nobility in Paris if you show up like this? A person who didn't even know they were royalty until a few days ago?"

"She is right," Supported Barbara. "but not to worry. We will teach you all you need to know."

"Seriously?! Nobody told me all this would be necessary too!" You'd raise up from your sitting spot, stomping towards a nearby bridge.

Hannah and Barbara would exchange uncertain glances at each other before quickly scurrying behind you.

"W-What's the problem? It really isn't that hard I promise!" Reasoned Barbara.

You'd look down at the river under you. "Come on, you said it yourself. I only heard I was a royal days ago, no way I'm going to learn everything there is to it in another."

"That- That doesn't mean you can't reconnect with your forgotten memories!" Barbara put up a strained smile as she joined your side. "You just need to be shown the basics and you'll remember it all immediately. And with our help it'll be enough to convince Jasminka."

"What? Who's Jasminka?"

"Her sweetheart." Hannah said with a small smile from behind you two. "Who also has a very good connection with your grandma, enough to get anyone an audience with her. If she believes you are the lost Romanov."

Barbara let out a dreamy sigh. "I've known her since we were kids, both of the same blood destined to marry as part of an arranged marriage. But no matter how artificial it started love truly shined between us, she is just so kind and supportive. She made me crawl out of my shell during a time when I was surrounded by scowls, and once I did she began to love me even more for who I truly was."

"Barb's probably going to stick with her once we're done in Paris." Added Hannah.

"Well I mean, if she wants to- it wouldn't-" Barbara would trip over her words and keep adjusting her collar as a big red blush found its way on her face.

Con Woman Hannah England x Lost Royal Reader: Romanovजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें