c h a p t e r 1 0

Start from the beginning

''You're in the underground prison of the Darkest Moon pack.'' A voice spoke.

''Shit'' I whispered. ''No, no, no.'' I tried to breathe through my nose. My ears squeaked at the movement of the person next to me. Sweat dripped from my head to my nose. '

'No, Dax. Nemesis? Where are they?''

''They only came back with you.'' the voice responded. Panic started to rise at those words. What? Where are they then? Are they dead?

''Hey, you're okay. Calm down. Once you are out of here you can look for them. I'm sure they're fine.'' The voice started to feel familiar. My eyes widened in realization. ''You,''

''I should blow your head off. You caused the explosion. Are you even sane? Do you have any idea what kind of hell you put me through?" I said as I turned around gripping the bar with my left hand. The rage I felt towards this girl. I could rip her head off. I stared into red eyes, from the only one who had suge eyes, and fire red hair. The lynx mysteriously had powers that were almost the same as those of a phoenix.

The only reason I didn't was because she was mated to Dax. 

"Goddess calm your ass down knight. I saved you. You would have not made it out alive if it wasn't for me!" She reacted calmly which made me even angrier.

''Nemesis was right. Never trust cats.'' I sneered back at her.

''I'm not a cat you stupid girl.''

"What are you then? A big kitty with pointy ears and a few tricks?"

The redhead snorted. ''God, I didn't know that knights were actually this stupid.'' I rolled my eyes.

''The only reason you are not dead is that I am wounded. So the more you talk the sooner you die.''

''Girl, you have a hell of a temper. Has anybody ever told you that?'' She replied irritated.

I grinned. ''Oh, I know.''

Our conversation was interrupted by the sound of a metal door opening. 

''Look at that. The knight is awake. Great timing. You can come with me to meet Alpha Leonardo.'' A man spoke. It took me a while before I identified him. The guy that found me in the woods!

''How about we skip that part and you let me go so I can find the rest of the team?'' The man didn't find any humor in our conversation.

''I don't think so. Last time I checked you guys burned down half of our forest.''

''What? No, that was the redhead. She burnt it down after we tried to escape from caligo knights.'' I said as I turned my head back to the lynx. The more I talked the weirder it sounded. The guy wasn't convinced.

''Hahaha! That's a good one. You do know that shapeshifters don't have powers?'' He laughed. I looked at him dead serious. Oh if he knew that the lynx could burn down the entire pack. I glanced at the redhead. Her lips turned into a smirk. Oh, she knew.

''Well, believe me, or not. Whatever. Anyways, who might you be?''

The guy stopped laughing and turned serious in a second.

''My name is Leonidas, Beta of the Darkest Moon pack and brother of Alpha Leonardo.''

''Well, shit,'' I murmured. Another Beta. Just not as scary as Cadoc.

''I know you have a lot of questions. If you come with me my Alpha will answer them.''

''Fine,'' I nodded at the Beta.

Leonidas let me out of my cell. he made his way to the entrance. Before we left I turned around at the lynx. Her eyes held my gaze. ''See you around lynx''