(Season 2) Chapter 3 The Grand Gruen Volcano

Začít od začátku

Yue, Aishia, and Tio: Wind Blades.

They summoned a barrage of wind blades that cut through the sandstorm, heading straight for the sandworm on the left. The blades sliced right through it, cutting it in half. Blood spurted everywhere as the sandworm was split down the middle.

Sora: A wonderful display, Aishia, Yue. You executed your magic magnificently.

Shea: You're pretty good too, Tio. I didn't think you could use the sandstorm's winds like that.

The three sandworms that had popped up earlier caught up to Brise. Their underground speed was truly impressive. Annoyed by their persistence, Hajime activated one of Brise's weapons. There was a loud clang from the back of the truck, and a couple of black, round objects rolled out from underneath it.

The moment they got close to the sandworms trailing behind Hajime, they exploded. The ground shook from the force, and chunks of sandworm flesh flew through the air. Hajime threw out another handful of grenades, finishing off any survivors. One of the sandworms was blown in half, and its head whirled through the sky before it was swallowed up by the sand.

Shea: Wow, that was amazing. Hajime, how many different things did you and Sora add to Brise?

Shea watched from the rear window as Hajime's grenades decimated the sandworms. He grinned wickedly as he responded.

Hajime: It can also transform into a giant human-shaped golem to fight.

Everyone:......

It sounded unbelievable, but knowing Hajime he might really have actually done it. Shea, Yue, Aishia and Tio all started looking around the car, searching for hints as to how it would transform.

Sora: He's kidding. Even I wouldn't go that far...

Hajime: Though I did want to.

Hajime added with a smirk. The girls were certain he'd do it eventually, even if he hadn't already.

As they drove further into the storm they found themselves being attacked by giant ants and giant spiders as well. But the combination of Aishia, Yue and Tio's magic, and Brise's built-in weapons, made short work of all of them. The monsters didn't even have a chance to fight back.

Shea sulked in the back, lamenting her own uselessness. She keep pestering Sora about it and Sora reminded her that he too haven't done anything yet. In that instant, Shea smile happily and hugged his arm tightly. Sora and the others ignored her, breezing through the sandstorm that was the bane of so many adventurers.

After a few more minutes, Sora and the others burst through the other side of the sandstorm. Up close, the volcano looked an awful lot like Ayers Rock, just scaled up. The center was surprisingly silent. Without the wind whipping the sand everywhere, they had a clear view of the dazzling blue sky. So this is what the eye of a storm is like, then?

The entrance to the volcano was at its peak, so Hajime began driving Brise up its gently sloped side. The dark red rock sizzled and sputtered, vapors of steam rising here and there. Though it was an active volcano, it had never once erupted. Chances were, it had something to do with the fact that it was a labyrinth. Finally, the mountainside grew too steep for Brise, and Hajime reluctantly put it away. They'd have to finish the trek on foot.

Sora: Whoa...

Hajime: I-It's hot.

Yue: Mhm...

Aishia: Yeah. The stone's even hotter than the sand was. Even if we didn't have a time limit, this is one place I wouldn't wanna spend much time in.