3 | just for fake

Start from the beginning

billie glanced at her and squinted her eyes.

"thanks," i grinned. "i'll be okay," i chuckled. "just need to stop being a pussy."

"maybe when you see your girlfriend in the crowd you'll feel confident," amelia tilted her head.

"huh? oh right yeah," i nervously chuckled. "yeah maybe i will."

"i know i will," she smiled, wrapping her arms around billie and kissing her on the lips slowly.

i tensed up and looked at liz. liz then cleared her throat. "okayyy," she started. "isn't the van gonna be here soon? we should head down."

"billie's coming in the van too?" the other model asked.

"no i'm gonna stay behind and get ready. i have to arrive there later for the red carpet," billie answered.

amelia kissed billie once more before heading to the door. the other girls and i grabbed our bags and walked towards the door too, with me being the last one.

they all walked out and as i made it to the door, billie came up behind me and gently grabbed my wrist. "please wait."

i sighed and let the door close. my back was still towards billie, but she was still holding onto my wrist. "lani."

i turned around and looked her in the eyes, my heart beating out my damn chest. "hi" she furrowed her eyebrows in a sad way as if she's confused.

but i couldn't say anything.

"did i do something wrong?" she asked, looking sad. "i know we were both surprised to see each other but you're acting like you don't like me or something."

"it's not that," i said softly, shaking my head.

"then what is it?" she got closer to me. "i haven't seen or talked to you in a year. please don't treat me like a ghost."

"i- i guess i just wasn't prepared to see you with someone else, let alone see you at all," i shrugged.

"i'm sorry," she looked down. "i wouldn't have stayed here with her if i knew you'd be in the same room. hell i didn't even know you'd be here at all."

"it's fine," i waved my hand in dismissal. "our shit is in the past. it's all good."

"you sure? because i'd love to have you as a friend," she smiled.

sigh.

"yeah i'd love that," i smiled.

"forreal?" she rose her eyebrows with excitement.

"yeah," i laughed.

billie pulled me in for a hug and squeezed me tight. in shock, i didn't hug back at first but then i did. and i squeezed her tight, wanting to melt in her arms.

fuck, am i over her?

we heard the door unlock and she quickly broke the hug. the door opened and it was elizabeth. her eyes landed on me and billie and all she said was "oh," with her eyebrows raised. "i hate to break this up but queen amelia awaits."

billie rolled her eyes with a chuckle. "okay i'll see you guys later."

liz and i walked out and down the hallway. "the fuck was going on?" she asked me.

"i don't even know," i looked down, shaking my head.

we made it back to the girls and amelia was staring my ass down. "what were you doing?" she asked with a fake smile and innocent high pitch voice.

"i went back to grab my charger but had trouble finding it," i lied.

"oh," she said. "did billie help you look?"

"um," i squinted. "yeah. yeah she did."

"hm," she hummed before suddenly smiling. "isn't she so nice?"

"yup," i furrowed my eyebrows.

this bitch weird.

-

we arrived to the place and got straight into hair and makeup. the show soon started and we were all doing our thing.

it felt so good to be out there again. it felt right. i felt so comfortable and at home.

after the show, we were all socializing with the celebrities and other people who came out to watch.

someone tapped my shoulder from behind and when i turned around, i saw a very good looking girl holding roses.

i rose my eyebrows in shock. "dr. butler-"

"girl if you don't call me hasson," she laughed. "we're not in the office right now."

"oh my god you came!" i smiled in disbelief.

"i told you i would," she laughed. "these are for you," she handed me the roses.

i poked my lip out. "thank youuuu," i hugged her.

"ohhhh?" amelia came up behind me.

jesus christ.

i broke the hug with hasson and turned around to look at amelia. billie was standing next to her.

"this must be your girlfriend?" amelia smiled at hasson.

"uh.. yeah. yup this is my girlfriend," i lied my ass off.

hasson looked at me and rose her eyebrows. i scratched her back so she could understand the assignment. she slightly nodded and turned back to amelia and billie.

"yeah," she smiled. "im hasson."

"i know who you are miss influencer," amelia giggled. "im amelia," she said as she held her hand out. hasson shook her hand and then held her hand out for billie to shake.

billie just glared at her though. amelia cleared her throat and nudged billie's arm, making billie snap out of it and shake hasson's hand with a smile that was clearly fake.

"okay well see you guys later," i pulled hasson away.

"the fuck did i miss?" she rose her eyebrows at me as we walked away.

"okay i really really need you to pretend to date me this week," i held her hands.

hasson looked down at our hands and then back up at me. "is this to make billie jealous?"

"no not even that. it's to get her new girl off my dick," i rolled my eyes.

"even better," hasson smiled. "okay i'm down."