"This is why I'on come to this bitch nomo. At least my new job appreciates me" Gio flicked everyone off with his middle finger.

"So you an assistant coach or you jus' filling in?" Ty genuinely asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Hell nah. I'm the only assistant coach. This shit ain' no game tho, I ain' kno' how dirty the league got. Yall kno' they tryna trade Davion Wilson ta' the Nets?" Gio shook his head.

Whatever is said in the barbershop, stays in the barbershop. It was an unspoken rule, just like a beauty salon.

Except nobody repeats what's said inside. Ty built the barbershop on trust and comfort. Most men just come to the barbershop to rant about their day-to-day life knowing it wasn't going to be repeated.

Sage finally tuned into the conversation at the mention of Zaniyah's ex. "Davion Wilson? He's been out all season, why is he comin' here?" Kj frowned, sitting in his empty barber seat.

"Right. I thought he retired"

"He ain' happy in Miami. His contract comin' up soon wit' dem. He hopin' to come to the Nets for the next season." Gio explained.

Ty looked over at Sage "You kno' that's Niyah's ex?" He wondered. Sage's jaw clenched but he went back into his natural straight face and nodded.

Ty didn't know the full details of what happened with Davion and Zaniyah or he would be flipping his shit right now. It wasn't Sage's place to tell him either.

"Niyah doesn't have any good taste I swear ta' God" Gio busted out laughing.

Sage didn't say anything or laugh, he just put his focus back on his phone. He knew if Davion got traded to the Nets, Sage would lose his career.

He didn't care if he and Niyah's past was years ago, he was going to beat the dog shit out of him for what he did to her. Something that still affects her today, something where it's hard for her to go back to her hometown because of the pain and humiliation he caused her.

"Aww whatchu' quiet for? You scared her ex gonna come in and snatch her up?" Gio jokingly teased, making childish kissy faces at him and everyone laughed.

Sage look up from his phone with a hard mug making Gio stop playing since he could see his best friend wasn't in a playing mood. "Shut da' fuck up talkin' ta' me" Sage spoke before looking back at his phone.

"Damn. I was jus' playin'. We kno' you got Niyah on lock" He spoke weirdly. Sage just shook his head, he knew he was secure in his relationship too.

But he couldn't tell them the truth about why Davion came here really bothered him.

_________________

Sage frowned at the sound of music playing in his penthouse when he walked inside. Still confused, he closed the door and held onto his gun on his side waistband.

🎶Mommy sing to me (I love you), sing to me
Mommy sing to me (I love you), sing to me
Mommy sing to me (I love you), sing to me🎶

Sing to me by Jhené Aiko played as he walked into his kitchen since he smelled food. Sage paused in his footsteps when he saw Niyah singing to Kheumani in her arms and Kheumani just smiled at her.

"You are my worldddd. You are my world, My favorite girllll" Niyah sang and started kissing Kheumani's cheeks. Sage couldn't help but smile at the beautiful scene in front of him. His heart swelled up just watching.

He knew Zaniyah had been having problems bonding with Kheumani and having doubts about her not loving or liking her. But in small moments like this, he wished Niyah remembered and not all the sad ones when they didn't have good days. But he knew her PPD was very hard on her so he didn't fault her for anything.