"No. It's not Mikasa. She's better than that. She wouldn't do that," I reassure.

"...Mikasa is not okay, Eren. Recovery isn't linear. She can self-sabotage to get attention. She has issues. You can't keep excusing her behavior because she does shit like this, knowing you'll welcome her with open arms. You're enabling her," Armin tells me. I lean back on the chair.

"What do you want me to do then? It's my fault she's gone through so much. I'm not gonna turn my fucking back on her. She's our best friend," I tell him. He shakes his head.

"It's not your fault at all. The fact that you would even say that, blows my mind. What happened to her is no one's fault but your father's. It's not your fault or hers. But when she displays destructive behavior like this in order to feel a sense of protection from one of us, any of us, it becomes enabling, Eren. You have to set clear boundaries or else she will cross them, acting blindly knowing she saw it," Armin tells me.

"I don't want to hate her. Because my dad did some really fucked up shit to her and yeah, I feel fucking guilty because I should've protected her. But if she really did do this, I don't know if I can be the bigger person. Then what do I do? Forgive and forget but Y/n will never talk to me again, or shun her and lose a best friend?" I ask. Armin looks at me, conflicted.

"I think she needs help. I get it, your dad did something fucked up. But you're dealing with the repercussions and how is that fair to you? You're killing yourself defending Mika from your dad and putting this extra energy to hate him because of her. And I applaud you. You're a loyal friend and I get it. But when does it come to a point where it's not in your control? Mikasa is using you to avoid her problems. Her deep-rooted problems. And when you decide to set that hard boundary, she's gonna blame you for what happened to her. But know that it was not your fault," Armin tells me. I observe him before putting my head down, stressed.

I'm completely stressed. I can never just get some peace. I'll die before I can get a week of calm relaxation. But I can't just sit here and sulk about it because it isn't getting Y/n back and it isn't getting Mikasa help. I look back up at Armin. He nods, assuring me. I stand up and leave the room. He follows behind me. I approach Mikasa and Annie's room before knocking. A moment later, Annie answers the door, skeptical. Her eyebrows creased.

"The hell are you two doing here?" She asks, confused. I push the door open before walking in and seeing Mikasa sleeping on the left side of the bed.

"What the fuck are you guys doing?" Annie asks. Armin holds her arms, trying to explain.

"Mikasa wake the fuck up," I raise my voice. She opens her eyes, startled. She quickly sits up.

"Eren?" She calls out for me in a small voice. I sigh.

"Give me your phone," I order. She looks at me with her eyebrows creased.

"What? No, why?" She asks me. I walk to the table and snatch her phone.

"Don't play fucking dumb. Before I open your phone, why did you do that shit?" I ask her abrasively.

"What are you talking about? You're scaring me Eren," She tells me.

"Mikasa enough!" I scream. The room went cold and silent. I take one last breath.

"What did she do to you for you to do this shit to her? To us?" I ask her, my voice hoarse. She watches me, concerned. She paused before speaking.

"Eren-"

"Just tell me straight up Mikasa. No funny shit. Why did you do it?" I interrupt. She slowly stands up, approaching me.