Chapter 27: Rematch with Lee, Pursuing Retribution

Start from the beginning

There was silence for a moment, father eventually asked "You're telling the truth aren't you?" I glared before firmly saying "I have no reason to lie." This made my father frown, something which I found amusing. 

He spat "Why am I even wasting my time!" It seemed he was considering leaving. Before he could act on that idea though, I spat "Oh no, you aren't leaving that easily. You owe me a rematch!"

It was against my training to let my emotions get the better of me in a situation like this. But seeing Lee Chaolan reminded me of my mother. If he'd have supported us growing up, she may have been here today.

My father just stared at me for a moment, again we fell into silence. I entered my combat stance and spat "Now, let us get down to business." My father just continued to stare before sighing "Well if you insist." He entered a stance of his own before saying "I'll make this easy for you and defeat Kazuya anyway."

My eyes widened as I quickly leapt forward. Swinging my foot in a kick that caught my father off guard. He was struck in his side. He let out a gasp and staggered back. I tried to follow up however he recovered and backflipped, evading the attack and countering with a knee.

I was caught off guard by his recovery, causing his knee to collide with my chest. This time, I was the one to stagger back. And it was from here the battle properly began. 

After that initial confrontation, we stepped back from one another before I went right back in for a chopping attack. My father raised his arm and blocked it before going in for a punch that I caught. My father used this moment to go in for a kick however I had the same idea. Out legs collided with one another in an identical motion. Just as it had at the start of our last battle.

I leapt back again but used my speed to get behind him. I went in for a light jabbing attack followed by two kicks in quick succession. The first two blows hit their mark however the last one, my father managed to dodge before throwing two kicks of his own.

One hit me in the side, the other caught my left shoulder. They weren't painful as such so I instantly thrust both my palms forward, striking him in the chest. This time, I spun and now stood to the side of him where I instantly went in to chop the back of his neck.

My father though, managed to grab my hand and began to twist it slightly before swinging his free arm around for a punch that collided with my cheek and made me recoil a bit. He launched one of his legs forward for a kick causing me to raise my arms and clock.

I used that opportunity to reach out and grab both of his shoulders. Pulling him closer, I gave him a taste of his own medicine and kneed him in the stomach. I elbowed him right in the nose and landed a kick that send him falling onto his back.

A smirk spread across my face as I watched him get to his feet. My father stood upright, cracked his back and complimented "Y/N, you certainly improved. Well done!" My eyes narrowed as I stated "This time I'm not letting myself get distracted. I'm taking you down one way or another father." The way in which I said 'father' was full of venom.

This didn't go over his head as he asked "Why on Earth do you hate me so much?" This nearly made me splutter a bit. I had to take a moment to regain my composure before finally saying. "You're either ignorant or you're stupid."

This made him sigh. "Y/N-." I cut him off "You abandoned my mother. We lived in poverty until it eventually lead to her death! And where were you?! Living it up with your wealth that could have saved her life! She died so that I could live! Seems you are more like the Mishimas than you like to admit." That last comment caused another smirk to spread across my face, this one more sarcastic than before though.

My father re-entered his fighting stance "Not once did I hear from your mother. I met her shortly before the King of Iron Fist Tournament 2. After that though, she ceased to be a memory. She vanished. Until you appeared. Had I known the conditions she-." He paused "-Both of you, lived in. I would have supported you."

My eyes narrowed and my smirk vanished once again. "It's too late for that. All that remains now, is my duty. And you are an obstacle. I will get revenge. For my mother." With that I went back into my own stance.

There was a moment of silence, I just stared into my father's eyes and he stared right back. I made a faint scuff on the ground with my feet before once again rushing forward! This time with the end as my goal.

Once I was close enough, my father actually caught me off guard. Thrusting his foot out towards me, he kicked me in the stomach. The adrenaline though, coursed through my body allowed me to barely flinch.

I thrust my arm forward and punched my father around the side of the head. This was followed up by multiple kicks. My father blocked the majority however some slipped through making him grunt with each impact.

He went in to retaliate with some of his own and from now, we were just trading kicks back and forth. Each one hitting their mark both on him and on me. He landed a particularly powerful one that struck me in my side.

I lurched back in pain before growling. My anger had only increased and I instantly thrust my own foot forward with just as much force. Mine however hit him right in the face, a crack was heard as my foot smashed into his nose.

This made him step back covering his nose. When he lowered his hand, it revealed blood trickling down from one nostril. He snapped "What the hell?!" I just retorted "That isn't the end!"

In one final movement, we both raced forward and attacked. We each went in for kick attacks and both of us succeeded in striking the other's stomach. In strength, he had the edge, it took all my strength not to be knocked out by that blow. However I had speed on my side.

My father raised his fist to land a punch however I was quicker. I aimed for his neck and made a pincer motion with my hand. I lashed, out striking the side of his neck to stun him. And in that moment I let him slip past and kicked him square in the back!

Time seemed like it froze in that moment. I just stood, panting heavily as my father collapsed face-first to the ground. He seemed to be unconscious but I didn't want to count my eggs before they hatched.

I walked over and felt his neck. I picked up a pulse and sighed with relief. No matter how much I hated my father, I didn't want him dead. I was also in shock, I knew what this meant. I'd actually won, somehow! I'd done it!

Standing up, I just stared at my father saying "Farewell father. No doubt we'll see each other again." Without another word, I turned and walked away, leaving my father in the gardens. Getting in my car and driving back into the city.

My mind was racing. Had that really happened? I'd defeated my father. After our last encounter. I'd moved up in the tournament, closer to my objective. But the shock of finally overcoming my father overwhelmed my current thoughts.

Those thoughts though, were suddenly cut-off when a rocket hurled past me and collided with a nearby building, causing a massive explosion. I stopped the car and climbed out, looking at the hole in the wall before turning to where it had come from.

What the hell was happening now?!

Lee POV

As soon as consciousness began to return, my head snapped up. I saw no sign of Y/N anywhere. I remembered our battle, he must have got a sneaky jab in and knocked me out. That would mean I was out of the tournament.

Why did I even care? The whole reason I came here was to fight Kazuya and claim the Mishima Zaibatsu for myself. If he wasn't in charge, then there was no point in me sticking around. A part of me though felt, proud in a sense, proud that Y/N had managed to become a powerful warrior. That part of me hoped we'd manage to clear this mess up between us one day.

I slowly raised my hand towards the garden's exit in a thumbs-up motion and smirked. "Excellent!"

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, the rematch of Y/N and Lee. Without the distraction and powered by his rage, Y/N actually has won! There will only be a few more battles in this segment. In my current plan there will be four more (including a showdown with Jinpachi). I really hope you enjoy what's to come, I also hope you liked this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.