03| Social Anxiety

Start from the beginning

Such a fucking cliche.

Noelle stops at a dark wooden door with a blurry glass window on the front with Jean Gunnhildr, in bold dark letters across it. [M/N] watched her knock on the class as a muffled, "Come in" was heard.

"If you two need anything, I'll be a call away," Noelle says as she walked away as [M/N] calms himself. He shakes the anxiety crawling up his spine away as he opened the door, coming in before closing it. Already he could see awards filling up the dark green walls in the room. There was also nice furniture, lots of oak finishings along with the letter chairs in front of her desk. There was also the smell of coffee and ink in the mix, he ignored it as Jean looked up from her laptop. Her black wired glasses gleamed from the laptop light, and her blue eyes widen a bit but returns back to normal. 

"It's been a while [M/N], a very long while."

"I can say that, do you mind?" [M/N] asked as gestures to the chair. Jean nods, as [M/N] sits down. The chair squeaks a bit as he sits as Jean closed her laptop and folded her hands on top of the computer.

"So you're the one working on the podcast at your college?" Jean asked as [M/N] nods his head, a little quirk of her lips came, "I'm glad." Glad for what, ruining my life and credibility? 

"Mhm, I'm here for the interview since one of my professors heard that...he came back." [M/N] said as Jean's shoulders went stiff for a moment and relaxed. "But apparently they updated the name from Limb snatcher to the Torso taker."

"That...is unofficial business but I can say is to stay vigilante," Jean says with a nod of her head. So, yes.

"Okay, how long have similar cases shown up?" [M/N] asked as he opened his notebook and clicked the pen up.  Jean watched him, eyes shifted a bit to her hands then to him, she was anxious about something and he couldn't tell from what. Something she was trying to hide.

"For the past year but first we had thought it was a copycat because it was just limbs. Arm off one body and leg from another. Then there were odd..things happening...we began to find torsos...that was opened up." She explains with a little grimace. 

"Were all organs accounted for?" [M/N] asked as Jean nodded, so the bastard likes to play with guts.

"Are the limbs still missing?"

"Yes, but as I said one."

[M/N] made sure to get bits of it, glancing at his notes and then back to her," How many?"

"Five, locals but there was actually a difference for one." Jean speaks up, "There was DNA but we ruled it out."

"The reason?"

"The person in question was in no way near the scene of the crime, almost 80 miles away."

[M/N] writes down everything as Jean watches. He was the same as he was back then, that lip ring too. "Anything else you can tell me?" [M/N] asked as he tapped the butt of his pen against the lined paper with a raised eyebrow. Anything small would work for a good episode, especially with these first few details about the newly named Torso Taker.

"There isn't much yet, we are digging into old case files about him. Anything we do fine isn't for the public eye view just yet." Jean says as her hand was placed down on a dark folder that had stacks of paper in it. "We're still trying to identify the bodies."

[Q] Ask her to see the file
[Q] Ask her for some coffee

"Do you think I can have some coffee?" [M/N] asked as he placed his pen into a notebook and closed it. Jean perked up before smiling, "Of course." She dials a number on her phone, it rings but then pings. "Seems Noelle is on her break, I'll just swing by. Dark?"

"Please." Jean smiles as she leaves and left the door open, her heels clicking as she walked away. [M/N] waited for a moment before standing up with his phone, he clicks the camera as he snapped photos. Most of the list of victims from many years ago, their names that had their info on it or at least the family.  [M/N] moved to the last page of the victim years ago to see his own name, his eyes narrowed a bit as he looked over it.

Possible Suspect: [M/N] Valentine [L/N]
Age at the accident: 18 years old
Address: 1850-

[M/N] takes a picture, back to front as he heard clicking. He closed the file and sits down, pretending to fiddle with his phone as Jean came back. 

"It's lukewarm." She says as [M/N] takes it and drinks it, humming as it went down. "Any more questions?"

"Maybe some more details? Like when was the data that this started up again?"

"August 12 of this year, and seven unidentified bodies."

[M/N] marks it down as he finished his coffee quickly, he checked the time and stands up. "I loved the interview we had Jean, but I have to get going so I can talk with my co-workers about the first episode." [M/N] said.

"Yeah, If you do need me again," Jean slides her card on her desk as [M/n] collected it. "And...it was very nice seeing you again...you changed."

"I'm still the same, you changed a lot. Especially seeing you and Lisa together," [M/N] glanced to the picture of Lisa and Jean at the beach, too close for comfort and purple lipstick lingering at the edge of Jean's neck in the picture. "I have to go."

"Are you by chance staying for the reunion in a few weeks?" Jean asked.

"What? It's happening already?"

"Yeah, everyone is on edge because of this and decided this would ease tension," Jean explains with a hopeful smile. "It would be nice to see you again."

"I..don't know. I never really had a good time during it with pieces of shit as classmates," jean winced and nods her head  a bit, "Anyway, I got to go, later." Jean says her goodbyes as [M/n] walked to his car. He drives home, eyes glancing towards the rear-view mirror to see any cops or police.  None, he was in the clear.

[M/N] kept driving home and pulled up, noticing a package beside his mailbox. He takes his notebook and walked toward the mailbox. Why was I a suspect? I talked to the police and they laughed in my face when I was attacked. Granted, I told them to pork some pigs when they even asked for my help in return...

[M/N] reached for the package as his yes widen to see the name on it, and cringed for even touching the brown box.

"Sorry, there was a mix-up about our packages. I should've suspected that.." [M/N] looked up and his eyes widen a bit to see who it was. 

"Oh, shit..."

"You? How...I thought you were gone...a thorn out of my side." The man said annoyed as he struggled to carry the larger box of new kitchen pans.

"Oh, Kuni you flirt."

"Keep it in your pants, pervert."

[Q] Tease him about his package
[Q] Snarky and spiteful back