(Chapter 10: A secret friend, an unfortunate visit, and... chat about underwear)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Understandable. I've learned that some humans either follow a different religion than others, or none at all. I try not to judge people based on their beliefs. I've heard of some folk who do just that, and some even get into fights over it. It... Usually doesn't end well for anyone involved." Krobus said.

We both went silent for a moment. "I know what they're talking about. In the past, I've gotten into a few arguments with my mom about religion, or... Lack thereof, in my case. It sucks." I thought.

I was kicked out of my train of thought when I heard Krobus making an odd sound. It sounded like a mix of growling and a hissing. I looked at them, and noticed that they were looking at something standing near the pond closest to the farmhouse. "A stone golem?" I whispered quietly, before standing up, and slowly heading towards the door. "K-... Krobus?" I stuttered fearfully. Krobus looked at me for a second, with a surprised expression, before continuing to glare at the other monster, and letting out another low growl. "Get inside. Now." They said, as the golem slowly got closer. "B- but... What about yo-?" I started, before Krobus snapped "I said now!" before running at the golem, as it also started speeding up.

I quickly ran onto the house, hoping that Krobus knew what they were doing, and that they'd be okay. I slid down to the floor, and listened to the two fighting, and making very unnatural noises.

"Looks like I'm also not getting much sleep tonight." I said to myself, as Apollo came out of my bedroom, sat at my feet, and let out a small whine. "Everything's okay, pup... Everything will be okay." I said, patting the dog's back.

After the fight died down, and everything went silent once again, I took a moment to calm myself and Apollo down a bit.

However, the moment was short lived when I heard a voice on the other side of the door yell "Wisp? Willow, you okay!?"

(Seb's POV)

"Another day, another fight with Demetrius." I sighed, as I sat under a tree near the lake, and started lighting up a cigarette.

I nearly choked on it when a loud scream came from the path leading towards the farm.

After nearly hacking out a lung, I said "What in the name of Yoba was that?!" before getting up, and bolting towards the farm.

When I got there, I looked around the farmland for a bit while trying to catch my breath.

I jumped when I noticed a shadow monster dragging something off into the darkness. It almost looked like... A body?

"Please don't let that be who I think it is. Yoba, please don't!" I thought, running to the door of the farmhouse in a panic, knocking, and yelling "Wisp? Willow, you okay!? Please, say something! Open the door! Please!"

(Willow's POV)

It took me a moment to recognise the panicked voice, but when I did, I got to my feet, and swung the door open. I was surprised when the person on the other side pulled me into a hug.

"S- Sebastian!" I yelped, as I tried to steady myself, and keep from falling over backwards.

"Bass... What's going on? What's wrong?" I asked, hearing his shaky breath in my ear.

"I- I saw a shadow monster dragging something into the woods, and I just... Panicked."

"Oh... Was that-...? What did Krobus do to that golem?" I thought, resting my head on Sebastian's shoulder. "Sorry if I worried you. Some monsters were just fighting outside, and...Decided to make it everyone's problem." I laughed quietly.

Sebastian sighed before releasing me.

"Well, I'm glad you're okay... I might wanna start heading back home before mom starts wondering where I am." He said, before glancing out the window. I did the same, and noticed my little shadow friend's glowing eyes in the distance. I froze, and looked at Seb, hoping he didn't see them... I was wrong...