"Neither did I.."

"Get ready. It's karate time."

The audience cheered, she watched as Johnny spoke to Miguel about something making serious eye contact with Daniel.

"Let's go Miguel!" Avery couldn't help but cheer for him, he was the first friend she ever made at the new school.

Daniel and Sam both scoffed like if they were twins reading each other's minds.

'And face me. Bow. Face each other. Bow.'

'Ready? Fight!

The red gi came running at Miguel, as he was in a crane pose? She could hear the crunch of something to the point she didn't want to eat her churro anymore.

"I can't believe he stole your move!" Sam whispered to Daniel with an eye roll. Anthony seemed to enjoy the show, scooting up in his chair for the next match.

Next was Robby, who easly blocked the guys punches, moving there arm to punch him in the gut, that's what he got for not moving quick enough.

Even though Avery was mad at Robby for not telling her he was competing she silently clapped. 'Thats 2 points Keene!'

"That's one more Diaz!" Sam and Avery heard Eli yell, looking over to see Miguel smiling at them,Sam quickly looked back with yet another eye roll.

Robby, Miguel advanced to the semifinals, so did Pedro. Aisha was fighting someone till they tripped her over, taking the point by a kick to the stomach. "Eat shit asshole"

"Go talk to her" Avery whispered into Sam's ear, she nodded telling Daniel that she'll be back soon leaving to go check on Aisha.

'There can only be one true winner, and he is standing on this stage right now.'

'Will it be Miguel Diaz from Cobra Kai Karate? Will it be Matías Gomez, from Cobra Kai Karate?"

'Will it be Robby Keene, unaffiliated'

Again not so much people applauded for him, he seemed so focused on the wrong thing. 'And last but certainly not least, last year's champion, fighting out of Topanga Karate, Xander Stone!'

Xander did an impressive flip to the microphone "I just wanted to say—" He
grabbed the microphone. "Even though I love to fight, we all need to fight together against hatred..." This was so annoying.

After a long speech from Xander, and a weird silence from the crowd. The matches started, first was Xander and Miguel.

"I'll be back" Avery said to Amanda and Daniel going to find Robby at the drinking fountain since she saw him go there earlier. "Young love" Amanda laughed, Daniel rolled his eyes at the thought of it.

'Location, water fountain'

"Hey.." Avery leaned on the double door frame. "Oh, hi," Robby closed his water bottle, turning to her. Out of no where Avery slapped him. "Why didn't you tell me that you were gonna compete? By yourself!"

Robby held the cheek she hit in his hand. "Because I thought you guys weren't gonna come."

Avery slapped him again. "That's a dumb fucking reason Robby Keene!" Suddenly a janitor came into the room they were in, so Avery dragged Robby to the main event hoping her brother wouldn't see them.