002. grady white

( CHAPTER TWO )
grady white

that night, a hurricane hit. and it left quite the mess around the obx. piles of trash and mess could be found anywhere you looked.

but the stench of fish was the worst. many had died after the storm and would wash up onto the shore.

maeve's parents cleaned the backyard with her brother and other workers while she slept peacefully. but she had to wake up eventually to help.

she was awoken to her brother throwing rocks at her bedroom window, yelling at her to wake up.

her eyes opened slowly. she sat up once she had the energy. she rubbed her eyes and picked up her phone to look at her notifications. it was just a couple app notifications, but no texts.

she set her phone down on her nightstand and got out of bed. she closed her curtains and locked her door. she took off her pajamas and put on a floral white bathing suit under shorts and a baggy taylor swift t-shirt kiara gave her for her birthday. she took her phone and put it in her waistband.

maeve walked downstairs and into the backyard. she looked ahead and there the pouges were in their boat 'hms pouge', pulling up infront of her house "there was a hurricane and you're still driving around obx?" maeve crossed her arms, standing in front of the boat.

"we're pouges, what do you expect?" pope asked.

jj put his hand out, helping maeve get in the boat. "m'lady." he bowed. maeve laughed in response.

michelle, maeve's mom, walked over to the boat aswell. "where are you going? i need you to help us out." she looked at the three boys and then her daughter.

"we're kidnapping your daughter." john b smiled.

she rolled her eyes and walked away. maeve shrugged at the two boys who gave her a look. "okay, let's go." maeve said.

as the three made their way to 'the wreck', the carrera's restaurant. they observed the garbage that floated along the water.

"this is horrible, people need to clean this up. it's not good for the sea animals." maeve shook her head.

"you should see what it's like near heyward's. it's 10x worse." john b steered the wheel, approaching the wreck, where kiara was walking out of the restaurant holding a cooler.

"ooh, top of the mornin' to ya." john b said in a nasally voice.

"good morning, guys." kiara smiled.

"whatcha got? you got some juice boxes?" pope asked, looking at the cooler kiara was holding.

"you know, just some yogurts and carrot sticks." kie said.

"how about my kind of juice box?" jj questioned, referring to beer. maeve reached her hand out for kiara to get in the boat.

once she stepped in, kiara put the cooler down and opened it. maeve took out a can of arizona iced tea. jj took out a beer, and so did kiara. they opened their drinks and cheered.

"salud." kie said.

"skoal." jj raised his beer. the three took a sip of their drinks and enjoyed the ride to the marsh.