Chapter Four: The Body

Depuis le début

"Oh, well, if the weirdo heard him, then I guess-" Lucas begins sarcastically.

"She's not a weirdo," Gabby snaps.

"Are you sure you're on the right channel?"
Dustin asks.

"I don't think it's about that. I think, somehow, she's channeling him," Mike explained to them. El was listening to the conversations as she continued to play with the walkie-talkie.

"Can I try?" Gabby asked El, the girl hands it to her and begins to mess with it trying to get the right signal.

"Like, like Professor X," Dustin connects.

"Yeah," Mike agrees.

"Are you actually believing this crap?" Lucas asks in disbelief.

"I don't know," Dustin shrugs. "Mean...do you remember when Will fell off his bike and broke his finger? He sounded a lot like that." Dustin says making Gabby nod her head she remembers that day.

"Did you guys not see what I saw?" Lucas exclaims. "They pulled Will's body out of the water. He's dead!"

They all sit in silence.

"Well, maybe it's his ghost," Dustin suggests. "Maybe he's haunting us."

"It's not his ghost," Mike says.

"So how do you know that?" Lucas argues.

"I just do!" Mike says hotly.

"Then what was in that water?" Lucas yells.

"I don't know! All we know is Will is alive," Mike states loudly.

"Will is alive! He's out there somewhere. All we have to do is find him."

The boys all make eye contact as Gabby made more static crackle out of the radio.

"This isn't gonna work," Mike tells El. "We need El and Gabby to a stronger radio."

"Mr. Clarke's Heathkit Ham Shack," Dustin grins.

"Yeah," Mike says.

"The Heathkit's at school," Lucas says. "There is no way we're gonna get the weirdo in there without anyone noticing. I mean, look at her."

They all do.

"But you're right. Fortunately, I have an idea." Gabby says with a smile.

Standing up, she begins to givethe instructions to the boys. They look at her blankly for a second, but after her dark glare, they jump up and scurry off to do what she told them.

"Makeovers!" Gabby yells excitedly as she pulls El upstairs even if she wasn't as girly but she loved makeup.

Mike grabs some of Nancy's makeup from her room while Dustin and Lucas rifle through old dress-up boxes in the basement.

Gabby guides El to Nancy's window seat, Mike sits in front of El and opens up the box of makeup.

"What the hell are you doing?" She asks him as she crosses her arms.

"Putting makeup on El," Mike replies.

"Give it to me," Gabby says irritably. "Now get out." She says as she takes the box of makeup from him and pulling him from the window seat.