CHAPTER FORTY SIX

Start from the beginning

"What!" Draco stood up, outraged, "this is bullshit. Give me Veritaserum, I will tell the truth I promise, no this is a load of rubbish!"

"Mr Malfoy!" Stokke stood up in her seat, nodding at the Aurors stood beside Lucius Malfoy. "I will have you removed!"

"Draco," Astoria called out to him quietly, "it's okay."

"No! This is bullshit, the Ministry is fucking corru-"

At once, two Aurors grabbed his arms, escorting him away from the court room.

"This is rather disappointing Mr Malfoy; you should hope your sons' actions do not reflect on you."

"No, please," he pleaded. "My son is simply distressed, he wished to give evidence today."

"He will not be allowed to  re-enter the court room Mr Malfoy." Stokke shook her head, "now, please continue."

Lucius cleared his throat. "Well, I explained myself to Draco and then we were both under the cloak and we explored Hogsmeade, looking to help out. We both stumbled upon Adrian Greengrass, who was aiming his wand with an Unforgiveable at Astoria Greengrass, so I stunned him. I then awoke Miss Daphne Greengrass from her stun, done by her father. When Astoria informed me that Mr Zabini was in danger, I put myself under the cloak and went to find him." He took a breath, "when I arrived Mr Zabini was being threatened by his mother, she held her wand to his neck, so I apprehended her. I knocked her down, but she fought back, and Mr Zabini was forced to stop her."

"And that is how Emelda's injury was sustained?"

He nodded, "then I handed myself in."

"And that was all the events?"

"To my knowledge," he said.

"Is there anything you would like to say before we hear from the witnesses?"

"That is all. I hope my statement can be considered fairly." He bowed his head at the seated Wizengamot.

Quickly, the two Aurors beside him escorted him away to the side of the room.

"Miss Astoria Greengrass, may you now take a seat."

Astoria took a deep breath, making her way towards the seat.

"Miss Greengrass, what is your story? What do you wish to say for Mr Malfoy?"

"I-I," she felt the nerves begin to hit her. Closing her eyes she took another breath, "where would you like me to begin?"

"From the moment you interacted with Mr Lucius Malfoy."

She thought back to that night. "Well-well my father was aiming his wand at me, with an unforgiveable. Then Mr Malfoy stunned him-"

"-how do you know it was Lucius, not his son, Draco?"

Astoria paused, "I-I just... he said it was him."

"And he could not have lied?"

"I suppose, but why would he? Draco wouldn't lie either...." She furrowed her brow, "I believe it was him."

"But you have no proof of this? No evidence?"

"My word is my evidence. I have nothing else I could offer." She shrugged her shoulders, "I believe that it was Lucius, rather than Draco who performed the magic."

"Then what do you believe happened?"

"What happened next is not a belief, it is what happened." She said, losing her temper, "my word is the truth. Anyway, then both the Malfoys explained their story to me."