Chapter 1: Watch Where You're Going!

It was a dark and stormy night. The unrestrained downpour was loud against the walls of the prison.

Most of the survivors were gathered around a handful of battery powered camp lanterns and candles in C Block. Batteries were scarce but the light, Hershel contended, was important for morale, especially on a night like this.

Luck for once on their side, Daryl and his team returned from their supply run just as the first crack of lightning split the sky. Now they were inside, tallying their meager bounty.

"Hey, check it out," Daryl said, pulling something out of his duffle bag.

"Do you even know how to use that thing?" Glenn asked dubiously.

"Sure I do," Daryl grunted, slightly offended at Glenn's lack of faith in his fighting abilities.

"Alright, let's see your moves," challenged Glenn, smirking.

Maggie and Beth, standing beside Glenn, smiled and nodded encouragingly so Daryl had no choice but to accept. Daryl shuffled into the middle of the open area. Michonne leaned casually against the open doorway to her cell, watching with curious eyes.

More eyes were on him now, but Daryl wasn't bothered. He knew what he was doing. He had a poster of Bruce Lee hanging on his wall for most of his adolescence, after all.

"I'll show ya how it's done," Daryl muttered, brandishing his nun-chucks.

Daryl held one rod in his hand and began to spin the weapon. It made a satisfying whir in the thick air.

Daryl spun it faster then moved his arm across his chest to let it spin on the other side but his timing was off and the other end smacked him hard in the shoulder. The nun-chucks flew out of his hand and clattered to the floor.

"Ow!" he muttered, rubbing his sore shoulder.

There were stifled giggles and at least one 'Hey, be careful with that!' heard in the cell block, but one person was not afraid to openly laugh at Daryl Dixon.

Michonne was nearly doubled over with laughter.

 "Hey, let's see you do any better," Daryl said gruffly. Despite his embarrassment, Daryl felt a small bit of pride at getting his friend to laugh so hard, albeit inadvertently.

"Alright," Michonne accepted confidently, surprising him, "hand it here."

Daryl retrieved the nun-chucks and handed them over to Michonne, then went to stand beside Glenn.

"Oh, this is going to be good," Glenn said excitedly. Aside from the occasional incident of mortal danger, there really wasn't much excitement around the prison.

Michonne spun the nun-chucks once and caught the other rod under her arm.