CHAPTER FORTY FOUR

Start from the beginning

And so, the next day, Pansy, Theo and Blaise arrived at the house with all of their belongings and a grin on their faces.

"Couldn't even cope a day without us..." smiled Theo as he rushed through the front door, "I get first pick!" His voiced quietened as he ran around the upstairs.

"Good to see you!" Pansy exclaimed as she walked through the door, her belongings levitating beside her, "where do you want us?"

"I'm assuming upstairs but I have more manners than Theo."

Daphne smiled, "that would be right, let's get you upstairs!"

With a grin, the two Greengrass sisters helped levitate the items up to the second floor of the house, "take your pick." Astoria motioned to the several empty bedrooms, "whichever you want."

"Not this one!" Theo yelled out from the far room, "I'm in here!"

"I'll take this one." Pansy dropped her items in one of the rooms beside Daphne's, watching as Blaise unloaded his things in the room opposite her.

"Well, now that's all sorted, I thought it would be a lot harder!" Daphne pulled out her wand, "we should probably clean before you unpack, these rooms have been empty for years..."

"Maybe they're haunted...."

Theo made a ghostly noise, "maybe we can make some more ghost friends."

"More?"

"Well, the Grey Lady didn't hate me!" He protested.

Astoria tilted her head, "she didn't like you either!"

"Right, we all did Charms so we can all clean up, I'll go with Astoria, and we can sort Draco's room!" Daphne said, leading the way into the last spare room on the floor.

"Merlin!" Exclaimed Astoria once she stepped inside, she hadn't been in these empty rooms in so long, she didn't even realise how bad they would be. Cobwebs danced across every surface, the floor coated with a layer of dust so thick, Astoria could barely walk through the room. "Terego." She called out, pointing her wand at the dusty surfaces and stepping back as the dust lifted into the air before vanishing.

"Scourgify." Daphne waved her wand over the cobwebs. "Terego."

It took a few rounds of cleaning spells before the room was habitable, but the difference was noticeable. "Merlin, I didn't realise how nice this room was without all the mess."

"What does Draco even like? How should we decorate it?" Daphne said with furrowed brows, staring out at the empty space.

"He likes reading..." Astoria began, remembering how he had mentioned his once curiousness for muggle literature, "we could add some bookshelves."

"And some Slytherin green!" Called Theo as he burst into the room, "we aren't having a room without green! He likes grey, but I'm thinking grey and green...."

Daphne turned to face him, "does he need green or do you?"

"Well... what I actually need is some help cleaning my room! Blaise is helping Pansy-"

"And little Theo can't do it!" Daphne pouted at him, "well, Astoria can come help and I'll paint Draco's walls."

Theo smiled at her, "in green!"

"And grey!" She retorted.

"Come on then," Astoria grabbed his hand, "I'll clean your room for you!"

"Thank you!" He shot her a toothy grin, leading her into his room.

"Merlin Theo," her brows raised as soon as she entered, "you've already made such a mess."

"I'm bad a cleaning and at packing."