Chapter 2: A king's decision, A father's choice

It's been five months, It was the day that Tygra would find a new queen. He knew that he couldn't rule his kingdom on his own while raising a cub. He needed to look for a queen but every tigress, He had met, deemed the perfect queen. "Your majesty, you denied most every female that we picked for you." "None of them are queen material." Tygra sighed as he stood up from his throne "I'm taking a walk and I'm taking Ambera with me." "Sire, you can't take the heir out in the open. She'll get kidnapped." Capsian said, Tygra sighed "Fine, just have one of the maidens watch over her." He left the castle, he walked around his kingdom. Tygra walks to the graveyard, he walks towards his late mate's grave. He sat down by it, he smiled slightly "Hello, Cheetara. I came to you to tell you about Ambera. She's a great little cub, she crawls around pretty fast and I can't get her or even the maidens." he chuckled slightly "I promise to tell her about you." His joy soon ended when he heard crying

Tygra stood up then walked around the grave, he saw a female tiger, he slowly walked up to her. He saw the grave that had a small tombstone that had the tigress's cub's name on it and the day it was born and the death which was on the same day. He sighed "Sorry for your loss, miss." The tigress looked at Tygra "Your majesty, why are you here?" " I was visiting my late mate." he pointed to Cheetara's gravestone. "Sorry for your loss, my king." the tigress said. Tygra nods a bit "thanks, how did your cub die? If you mind me asking." "He was a stillborn." she frowned. Tygra frowned, "That must have hurt a lot." "How did the queen die?" "She was very ill while pregnant with my daughter and when she gave birth, she passed on." The tigress gasped a bit, she saw Tygra's cheeks had tears sliding down his cheeks.

She placed her hand on the king's cheek, "My king, I'm very sorry." Tygra placed his hand on the tigress's paw. "It's okay, she's in a better place, maybe your cub and her are together." The female tigerian smiled a bit, and she hugged the king. Tyrga's eye widen from the sudden hug, he looked at the tigerss. He slowly wrapped his arms around her, the tigress cried "Everything will be alright." The tigress looked at the king, "You're so nice." Tygra smiled, "I know." He looked at the gravestone "Well, I better go." "I'm Zara, Your majesty"

Tygra nods "Nice to meet you, Zara." Zara let go of the king. "I better go." She walked off, the king let the tigress go. He felt something with Zara like she was the one but he had to return back to his castle. Tygra walked out the graveyard, he was greeted by Caspian "I'm not in the mood, Caspian" "My king, We need to talk about your 'heir' Ambera." he air quoted the word heir "What about Ambera? She's still my heir no matter what." "Yes, my king but you need a proper heir to rule your kingdom." Tygra stopped then looked at Caspian, he let out a small growl "A proper heir?" "Yes, my king." "Caspian, My daughter is my heir and that's final" He crossed his arms, he frowned. "I understand, my king."

Tygra headed towards the castle, then towards the throne room, he noticed the maiden walked up to him with Ambera in her arms "She wanted to see you, your majesty." She walked up to the king. Tygra smiled, as he took his cub in his arms ''You're supposed to be asleep." Ambera cooed, her father chuckled as he tickled her. The little princess giggled when her father tickled her. Those giggles made Tygra smile more. He tickled his daughter more, the cub giggled more, she wiggled with joy. He chuckled as he tickled his daughter more, Tygra heard footsteps. He looked up, he stopped tickling his daughter, He growled slightly when he saw the high council. "Your majesty, you need to find a new queen." "Look, I'm still grieving over Cheetara, so give me a chance to recover from this." "Very well, your majesty." the leader bowed. Tygra sighed

"Something wrong?" "It's nothing, Themis." He nodded then walked off, the other followed. Ambera looked at her father, Tygra looked at her and smiled "Everything is alright, Ambie." The cub smiled, Tygra always loved his daughter's smile, it always gives him so much joy. He walked to the throne and sat down. Tyrga was visited by more female tigers, he was quite annoyed by this, he growled a bit. Ambera let out a small growl as she saw the female tigers, Tygra looked at his daughter and smiled. A tigress walked up to Ambera, she kneels down "Hello little one." Ambera hissed then started to swat at the tigress, Tyrga smiled more. He became proud of his daughter, the tigress looked at Tygra ''How rude of your daughter and let her do that!" The king just shrugged "I guess she doesn't like you" The tigress scoffed then stormed off, the other tigesses left the room. Tygra picks up his daughter and nuzzles her "You're good at picking out the right mama." Ambera purred as she was nuzzled by Tygra.