Chapter 3: A new Companion friend, finding out who you are

Two years passed, Ambera is now two years old, she played with her toys while some maidens watched her. Tygra was nervous "Should we tell Ambera about her new sibling?" "Yes, Tygra." Zara said, placing her hand on her stomach. "Let's go." She walked to Ambera's room, Tygra followed his mate. Ambera turned to her parents with a smile, she walked to them, Tygra knelt down to Ambera ''You're gonna be a big sister, My little prin.....darling." It hurt Tygra to use that word but he had to say it. Ambera frowned as she looked at her father. A few days later Zara was in the birthing room. She was giving birth, she screamed in pain. Zara was in so much pain, as she pushed. The maidens were getting ready for the new heir, Tygra waited outside with Ambera.

Zara pushed harder and there was the sound of wailing. The queen was tired and held a tiny white tiger cub with gray stripes. The maidan walked out of the room, she bowed "the cub is born." Ambera looked up then ran into the room, Tygra stood up and followed his daughter. He smiled when he saw the newborn cub "He's perfect." Ambera looked at her little brother and smiled "Hello, little brother." "His name is Tygus." "A perfect name, Zara." Tygra smiled.

Ambera looked at her little brother, she giggled. "What's so funny, dear?" "He has a pudgy face." Zara looked at Tygus's face and chuckled a bit. Tygra smiled then shook his head, his smile soon faded when he realized that he has an heir now and Ambera can't be his heir now. He sighed but he soon shook off the thought and started to think of the future for his cubs. Three years passed, Ambera is a five year old cub while Tygus is three. "Ambera, I want you to meet a good family friend." "okay." She walked to father, he picked her up and carried her outside. Ambera looked at the tall panther. she tilt her head "who's that?" "Panthro, a family friend." "He's big." Panthro waved. "Hello little one." "Panthro, meet my daughter, Ambera." "Hello, Ambera." "Can I call you Uncle Panth?" "Sure, kiddo." the panther smiled, the cub smiled "yay." Tygra gives Ambera to Panthro, then walks off.

"So, what do you wanna do?" "Let's have a tea party." "Sure." Panthro was slightly nervous but he allowed it since he's good friends with Tygra. He walked into the castle, he walked down the hallway "where's your room." "Down the hallway." Ambera pointed, the panther walked down the hallway, he set the cub down when he entered the room, Ambera walked towards a table with a teapot, stuffed animals around it and cups on the table "meet the guests." She squeaked with joy "this is stuffy '' she pointed to a cat plush, she pointed to a bear one "that one is mr. Paws. He's a weirdo." She picked up a bird plush "this one is my favorite. He named Birbie." She smiled. Panthro looked around the room, he was amazed by the many plushies ''so many plushies." "Dad gets me one every time he goes to the market."

"Ah." Panthro nodded as he walked to the table and noticed the cups were too small for him. Ambera walked to her toy box, she pulled out a medium size cup for him "This one's for you." She walked to Panthro and placed the cup down. "Thanks, Ambera." "you're welcome." she giggled then walked to her seat and sides down. A maiden walks into the room with snacks, she smiles "Hello, Mr. Panthro." "Oh don't address me as such, just Panthro will do." Panthro smiled, the maiden giggled a bit. She set the snacks down, then left the room. "That one is my favorite." "Why, Ambera?" "She's nice to me." Panthro looked at Ambera, he frowned "Ambera, you're special, you know that." "I know, my dad tells me everytime." Panthro nods "and you should listen to him because he's right." Ambera smiled "Thanks, Uncle Panth." "you're welcome." Panthro smiled.

Later that evening, everyone was asleep, except for one little cub. She adventures out in the wilderness of the snow to look for the source of the howling. "Awoooo!" Ambera mimicked the sound. There was the same awooo. Ambera walked towards a snow mountain and looked over the horizon, she was happy to see a young polar saber. She walked towards it slowly, the polar saber pup turned to growl at her, Ambera pulled out some fish jerky "I got some fish jerky, want some?" The saber pup sniffed the jerky and took the jerky and ate it. "Not so scary, you're just hungry." The snow storm blew into the wilderness, Ambera shivered a bit even though she was wearing her winter coat. "Let's find some shelter. Good thing Uncle Panth taught me how to survive in the wilderness." Ambera started walking down the snowy path, the saber pup followed after her. They walked towards a cave, they both snuggled next to each other. The snow storm blew across the tiger clan, it didn't cause much snow, the wind blew most of the snow away.

Morning came, Tygra was up to see Panthro looking around for Ambera, the tiger was yawning "What are you doing?" "Looking for Ambera. I checked her room and she wasn't there" "Whiskers! We need to search for her," The panther nodded as he followed Tygra out of the castle with winter coats on, and they looked around for Ambera "Ambera!" "Ambera! Where are you!" The saber pup's ears perked up, she started howling to the voices. Panthro's ears perked "You hear that?" "Hear what" "Shhhh" "Awooooooo!" "It's in this cave." The panther pointed as he followed the sound. He ran to the cave, he saw Ambera curled up next to the saber pup, Tygra followed after "Ambera?" The cub slowly woke up and smiled "Daddy, you found me." She stood up, and brushed the snow off her body. Tygra and Panthro were both confused on seeing a polar saber pup with Ambera "Can we ask why you were outside of the castle alone?" "I wasn't alone, I got Frost with me. Can I keep her?"

Tygra had a stern look and sighed "You can ask your mother." "Yes." Ambera cheered. Panthro smiled "Now come on, let's head back to the castle." Tygra, Panthro, Ambera and Frostpaw start walking back to the castle. Zara was up, she noticed Panthro and Tygra with Ambera "did you three went camping?" "No, Ambera wandered out of the castle." "Ambera, why would you do that?" "I was looking for the source of the howling and I found it." The cub said, she stepped aside and smiled "Mom, Meet Frost."

Zara kneels down and lets the pup sniff her paw, Ambera asks "Can I keep her?" "Yes, you can." "Yes." Ambera walked to Frostpaw and hugged her. "Welcome to the family, Frost." The pup barked and wagged her tail then licked Ambera's cheek.

Twelve years passed, Ambera turned fourteen while Tygus turned twelve, the tigeetah sitting next to a fountain in the garden, she sighed. She looks over at Tygra and trains Tygus to fight. Zara saw Ambera sitting alone, she walked over to her daughter. "I know that face all too well." Ambera looked at her mother confused, she wondered what she had meant, "Hun, I know you keep saying you're fine. But you should know that I already knew that you weren't when you say that either with a pout, anger and even a sad face."