a soulmate...(could have been you)

Start from the beginning

On our way out, I greeted my mother and Lloyd did the same.

Arriving at the garage, he finally let go and my eyes landed on a thing with a white sheet on it. It was in the middle of the big garage and you couldn't overlook it.
Apart from that, there were a few tools and maybe old clothing and toys, but there wasn't much more. Looking at Lloyd in confusion, he dramatically pulled the sheet away,

"Tadaa! This is my superspeed1000!! We can win every race with it!! Isn't it cool??" To be honest, it was kind of cool and sounded exciting, but who am I to tell him that after being annoyed the whole time?

Maybe he saw it in my eyes, maybe he was just excited to try it out, in any case, he pulled the cart behind him and out of the garage towards the small hill near our house.
-
"Are you sure it is safe tho?" "Of course it is! And even if not, you will protect me, won't you?"
I felt a little warm around my chest. He felt safe around me and trusted me.
"I'm not your mother. You can take care of yourself" I answered instead. "And even if, I'm the younger one, you should protect me"
Lloyd laughed and spun around, walking backwards. "Of course, but I'm not the one who learned material arts and fencing since I was 6"
I jokingly rolled my eyes and followed him up the hill.

"I never realized how high this hill is", I noted and glanced down while Lloyd was doing some last preparations on his 'superspeed1000' "Don't be like that, it will be lots of fun, I promise"
Lloyd made lots of promises, but he never broke them. He never disappointed me with his promises and I trusted him.

"Fine", I mumbled and stepped into the cart, right behind Lloyd.
Slowly but surely I felt fear rise in me. I do trust Lloyd, but what if he miscalculated this time? Or what if something gets in our way?

I closed my eyes and tightened my grip around Lloyd's shirt.
The cart started to move, at first only slowly, but suddenly I felt it going down, surely gaining speed. I opened my eyes, wanting to see if something was happening in front of us, but Lloyd controlled the cart like it was an additional body part.

We swiftly rolled towards the end and Lloyd made some sharp turns to show off about how amazing he is.
I was astonished at how easy it seemed to work and asked him if I could sit in front the next time. He smiled brightly and got out to pull the cart up again.

"Stay seated. I'll pull you up" he said and started to explain how the control works. I knew he only did that to stop me from protesting, but I didn't say anything against it.

A small chuckle escaped my lips as I faintly listened to Lloyd's explanation.
"What are you laughing about? Care to share?"
"Nothing, just that you were never this nice to pull me in a cart"
"Well don't get used to it. This is a special case. A premiere!"
"Of course"
-
At noon, when we finally went home, my mother was over at Lloyd's house, drinking tea with the Fronteras. The three of them turned around as they heard the door close behind Lloyd and me.

"Boys, aren't you a little muddy?", Miss Frontera laughed and mother joined in.
Looking down, I never noticed how dirty we were.
Dirt and grass lingered on our shoes and trousers, a leaf in Lloyd's hair and maybe some thorns from the bushes we crashed into.
Lloyd and I also started to chuckle and laugh at how ridiculous we probably looked.

I love Lloyd, he is my best friend.

soulmates. People, who are bound to each other and go through thick and thin.
*CW! swearing*

(11|16)

A tear streamed down my face, another one and then another one. My face felt hot and I didn't realize someone stepped into my room.