"Shockwave, Disarming Voice!" Timothy shouted.

Shockwave took a deep breath preparing to disrupt the other side again, but a powerful Blizzard blew Timothy's Pokémon away before a single heart came out of its throat. With all six Pokémon on the ground, Ezria's Pokémon charged in. Knightblade came just in time to dodge Doublade's swords and protect Blitzwing from Scyther's scythes. The siblings rose into the air and began clashing swords fiercely while Blitzwing came to and continued its fight with Scyther. Sirfetch'd ran toward Odyssey to finish it off with Brick Break, but Eletchu fired an orb of electricity, knocking Sirfetch'd back before they continued their duel. Avalugg used Blizzard again to force Poliwrath, Odyssey, and Shockwave back.

"Poliwrath, Shockwave, combine Hydro Pump and Psyshock! Odyssey, get ready to use Aura Sphere!" Timothy shouted.

"Ice Beam on Odyssey!" Ezria shouted.

Poliwrath and Shockwave unleashed their attacks together, creating a massive beam of purple energy and water. Alalugg looked away from the oncoming attack to fire a white beam at Odyssey. The beam hit the Aura Pokémon as it created an orb of aura and the combined attack hit Avalugg before it could try to freeze Odyssey in a block of ice. The Iceberg Pokémon took damage, but Ezria's only aim was to stop Odyssey from using a move Avalugg was weak against. The crisis was averted and Avalugg's defense did its job.

"Smack Down!" Ezria shouted.

Several glowing orange energy globs appeared in front of Avalugg. They stood still for a moment before they turned into brown stones and Avalugg fired orange energy at its opponents with a trail of the stones. The energy hit Poliwrath, Odyssey, and Shockwave, knocking them off their feet. Odyssey and Shockwave whimpered on the ground, growing weaker, but Poliwrath pushed itself up, having taken the least damage thus far among the three. Avalugg fired another Ice Beam, and Poliwrath lifted its hands to create a wall of water that turned into ice upon impact, separating Avalugg from its opponents.

Shockwave turned to Sirfetch'd and lifted it up in the air using Psychic. Sirfetch'd screamed, trying to move its body in vain as Electchu, Poliwrath, and Odyssey prepared to take out their helpless opponent with Thunder, Hydro Pump, and Aura Sphere respectively. Before they unleashed their attacks, Avalugg burst through the ice with a mighty roar. It turned to Shockwave and opened its mouth, creating a yellow aura shaped like a set of teeth. It ran towards Shockwave but Odyssey pushed Shockwave away, disrupting Shockwave's psychic hold on Sirfetch'd. The Iceberg Pokémon bit hard and shook its prey to dig its teeth-shaped aura into Odyssey's body. Odyssey howled until its eyes grew heavy and the aura thrust it into the ground.

"Gardevoir!" Shockwave shouted.

Odyssey laid on the ground limp with swirly eyes until Timothy returned it to its Pokéball. Shockwave glared at Avalugg with glowing blue eyes and Avalugg was lifted into the air. Shockwave threw Avalugg at Sirfetch'd and Sirfetch'd ran away, barely avoiding Avalugg falling on top of it. Poliwrath raised its hands to use Surf again and a wave of water emerged underneath it. The Tadpole Pokémon rode on top of the wave with its fists glowing white, planning to finish Avalugg off with Dynamic Punch.

"Avalugg, force that Surf back and, when it falls, use Ice Beam!" Ezria instructed.

With another roar, Avalugg summoned a powerful blizzard that stopped the wave in its tracks and then pushed it back. Electchu and Shockwave ran as the wave fell backward, but the water crashed underneath Electchu and Poliwrath fell off just as Avalugg used Ice Beam. Within a blink of an eye, the water turned into ice, leaving Electchu frozen solid and Poliwrath upside down with half of its body trapped. With a grin, Sirfetch'd created a giant blade of energy from its leek and slammed it down at Poliwrath. The ice broke into pieces upon impact and when the giant blade disappeared, Poliwrath lay unconscious on its front.