Chapter 1: A Clear Choice

???'s POV

Impressive... Meliodas' Revenge Counter is certainly a sight to behold... Perhaps a move of his that could give me a run for my money despite most of his magic being sealed away...

Hm...

Considering what just happened, I think I'll give things enough time to die down before I try to talk to any of them... I wouldn't wanna startle any of them..

Meliodas' POV

What is that sinister energy come from outside the capital..? It's far greater than Hendrickson's.. It could just be my imagination, but I don't want to take risks... I'll discuss it with everyone later...

Back to ???'s POV

I hid my energy and rested against a tree near the top of a hill close to the capital. Gotta have my energy for in case anything comes up...

A few days later...

Hey... Hey. Hey! Wake up!

???: * I opened my eyes to see a figure with Yellow hair standing over me * Eh..?

???: Yo!

???: Who are you..? Wait-.. * I rubbed my eyes and sat up * You're Meliodas... The Dragon Sin of Wrath.. What do you want..?

Meliodas: I just wanted to see who exactly you were. I sensed your sinister energy from way back in the capital, and when that came to mind, I thought I'd check it out.

???: I see...

Meliodas: So, what's your name?

???: ...

Odium: Odium.. why do you ask..?

Meliodas: Odium huh? How long have you been around?

Odium: Too long to count.. 3,000 Years, maybe more...

Meliodas: ! 3,000 Years... So that means that-...

Odium: I was alive during the first Holy War... And before you ask, I didn't take part in it, so that's why you never saw me during that time..

Meliodas: I see... The fact that you're still around is impressive to be completely honest. How long have you been living in the Human World?

Odium: Just a few days actually.

Meliodas: What? How's that possible? Thanks to the Goddess Race's Seal, there shouldn't have been any way to escape the Demon Realm. Unless-...

Odium: That's the thing... The Seal is Broken...

Meliodas: No way... So that tremor the other day... That really way them... Who was it that escaped the Demon Realm? I have to be certain of who it is.

Odium: Demons that could kill you with ease at your current power level. Sitting at a measley power level of 3,370, they'd kill you and everyone else you care about in seconds if you even tried.

Meliodas: ... Who. Escaped.

Odium: The Demon King's closest servants...

Odium: The Ten Commandments.

Meliodas: Damnit... I knew it.. Odium, what's your power level?

Odium: My power level? I could take on one of the Commandments in a fight, but I'd die in an instant against all of them. My power level is 33,750.

Meliodas: And with your Demon Mark?

Odium: * My Demon Mark Activates * Let's see... About-... 42,375.