Feelings

The beginning of the story takes place after Wendy, her brothers and the lost boys came from Neverland and got introduced to Mr and Mrs Darling.

After the reunion (and getting some more children under their bell) Mr and Mrs Darling where so very happy to not worry about their children anymore, that it started to sunk in that it takes more than having enough income or caring less about the neighbours. And they indeed did not thought about where all the lost boys should sleep. "Oh well this is quite problematic, isn't it?", Mr Darling said with an quiet overwhelmed look towards his wife. Before Mrs Darling could have found a solution, one of the lost boys stood up and walked  towards them. "We can just sleep on the floor for now." Nibs said shrugging his shoulders. "Yes!", the twins scream from the back. "Back at Neverland we slept on leaves and sticks sometimes. To sleep on a floor with a carpet on, can't be worse than that." Tootles said agreeably. Even though, Mr and Mrs Darling found that quite worrying, they looked at each other and nodded back towards the children. "But after tonight ,we will try to make as much space as you need and get some beds.. my dear children !". Mr Darling was in such a lovely mood, that his body language was much more alive as usual. But that was quite understandable, considering that he got his children back after such a horrible long time and getting some more (and a huge amount of jewellery) , anything could have  happened and he really would not care less.

Wendy was also extremely happy. She had not imagined the reunion to be so delightful after all the heartache their parents probably went through. For some while, she even forgot about Peters disappearance in the clear night sky on his way back to Neverland and her worry, of not seeing him again. But then, having a short moment to herself thinking back to it, her bright smile slowly faded.

 "Will you come back?" 

"To hear stories, about me?"

He said to her, with a little smile on his lips

He said to her, with a little smile on his lips. But somehow, she knew that this was probably the last time she heard his voice or saw his face not just in her dreams and stories.

Even if she did not want to admit it, but this probably was his goodbye to her. Tears slowly started to build up in her eyes like a dam, that almost overflows.

"Wendy?" a voice called her name in the distance. Wendy shrugged together.

"Peter!"

"Peter? Not that I would know. I think I'm still Tootles." Wendy looked to the right, seeing a confused Tootles staring at her with one eyebrow slightly lifted.

"Oh. I.. I am deeply sorry.. I was a little out of it for a second." Wendy said, while she tried to blink away the tears in her eyes.

"It's okay and already forgotten, sister.", he said with a bright smile on his face. "We just wanted to ask if you want to go pony riding with us!".

Mr Darling wanted to go pony riding with the children, since they never had enough money to afford such fun for their children before. And he probably wanted to ride one himself, of course not admitting it, but everyone could see how exited he was just by the thought of it.