twenty-three

Kenny punched the rubber body as Robby, Tory, and I watched him. "They know we are the biggest threat." Robby says to us.

"They also know you and I can't risk violating probation." Tory says.

"We need to get them somewhere no one is around." I tell them.

"Listen up. Gather round." Silver says. "We just had a little powwow with the senseis at Miyagi-Do. From here on out, there'll be no more fighting until the tournament."

"Our enemies get to humiliate us, and we just have to back down and take it?" Tory says.

"Of course not. We should always show our enemies no mercy." Kreese says.

"But there's a time to fight." Silver adds. "No need to waste a punch if it's not gonna score a point. So if your enemies do something to mess with you or laugh in your face, good! Take all that anger and store it. You're gonna need it when the time comes. Is that understood?"

"Yes, Sensei!" We all say in unison as Robby and I looked at each other.

-

"There are three things make a champion. The three D's." Silver explains as we continued throwing kicks. "Desire. Devotion. And discipline. The first two, I can't give you. The last one, I can,
but you have to be willing to receive it. Are you?"

"Yes, Sensei!" We all say.

"All right? Junbi stance. Now, I understand you wanna defeat your enemies. And you will when it matters. Until then, just stay focused on your training. Is that understood?"

"Yes, Sensei."

"With conviction."

"Yes, Sensei!"

"Good. Arms out. Attention. Chae-ryut. Kyun-Nae. Dismissed."

I walk over to my bag, sighing and grabbing my water bottle. "Second sensei's working us hard today. Guy's going beast mode!" Kyler exclaims. "Sucks we can't give a beat down before the tournament."

"Just because we can't fight doesn't mean we can't get payback." Robby says as I looked up at him.

"So what do you have in mind?" I ask as he smiled at me.

-

Robby and I get out our hiding spots as everyone walks into the tattoo shop.

"Are you sure we should do this?" I ask Robby as he nodded.

"Don't turn all soft now, Drea." Tory says as I rolled my eyes.

"I'll kick your ass, Nichols."

"Hey, Rico, you good?" Hawk asks.

"Tattoo shop's closed for the day." Kyler says as Hawk looks up.
"Hey. Where'd you think you're going?"

Everyone begins fighting Hawk, pinning him down to the chair.

"You weren't that hard to find, you little bitch." Kyler smirked.

"You assholes just ignoring the no-fighting rules?" Hawk asks.

"Oh, we're not here to fight." Robby says, pulling out the small object.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"You'll see." I shrug, turning to Hawk.

-

"Hey." Robby smiled, kissing me.

"Hey." I muttered, kissing him back. I step back, turning around and sitting on my bed.

"Look, I think we should talk."

"About?" I ask, looking at him.

"You. You've been more.. angrier."

"And?"

"I want you tell me why. I miss seeing you smile."

I let out a sigh. "Fine, come here."

He sits on the bed, looking at me. "I've been struggling with anxiety for a while. It's been getting worse and worse. I don't know what to do. I don't like being naive but I don't wanna be a bad guy either.

"So, are you gonna leave Cobra Kai?"

"No." I shake my head. "I don't give a shit about Cobra Kai. I'm just using it to become stronger. Then I'll use it to my advantage."

"Im glad we're on the same page."

"What?"

"I don't give a shit about Cobra Kai. I'm just using it." He shrugs as I laughed.

"Thank God."

"Is there anything else you wanna tell me?"

"Yeah." I nod. "So, before I came to Reseda.. I got expelled from my old school."

"What? Why?" He asked in complete shock

"I got into a fight with a girl named Paige. We were best friends. Sisters, practically."

"What happened?"

"She betrayed me." I shrug. "Outed me to everyone."

"Thats fucked up." He shook his head. "I'm sorry."

"It doesn't really matter anymore. I beat the shit out of her. Sent her to the hospital."

"I'd say she deserved it."

"She did." I laughed.

"How the fuck could you do that to me?" I yelled at Paige, who shrugged.

"I mean, it was pretty obvious. Don't think you can come onto me next."

"I would rather lick a cheese grater."

"How do you feel knowing that your boyfriend is absolutely done with you? Maybe I have a chance with him now. You never deserved him." She laughed as the students started crowding us, yelling and recording.

I threw a punch at her, landing it right in her face causing her to let out a groan.

"Didn't think you were a fighter." She wiped her nose before throwing a punch. I grab her fist before twisting her arm. I throw her at the locker as everyone continued yelling and laughing.

"Get her!"

"Beat her ass!"

"After everything I've done for you!" I yelled while grabbing her hair, pulling her head back. "I comforted you when your ex boyfriend cheated on you. Twice! I let you stay with me when you got into arguments with your family. What the hell did you do for me?"

I throw two punches, landing it on her nose, making her scream in pain.

I get up, looking down at her as she started sobbing. I grab her hair before dragging her down the hallway. She pushes me before getting up. We glared at each other before I threw a kick at her ribs.

I threw another kick to her face, making her let out a scream once again. I grab her, putting her into a headlock before punching her stomach multiple times.

"Break it up!" A teacher yelled, grabbing me.

"I left without a scratch." I told Robby. "She left with.. a lot."

"That's just crazy." He replies.

"It really was."