Chapter 6 - I Don't Know About You But I Feel Hot

Hannah POV:

I have school today, but then tonight I'm going to a party. Weird. But at least Harry and Alice were going, so I won't make a fool of myself. Hopefully.

After being woken up by Jack, again, I slipped into the shower and started humming "If I Had A Million Dollars" by the Barenaked Ladies. When I was finished, I wrapped the towel around myself and went to my closet. I picked out some light washed skinny jeans, a white tank top that had 'Bitches' sideways on the front, a green short parka jacket, Steve Madden studded boots, a gray beanie, and a black rosette ring, I was ready to go. I had some extra time before school and I was all ready so I decided to paint my nails. I coated them in a silver glittery polish by OPI, and waited for them to dry before heading out the door to meet Harry, who always gives me a ride to school.

"Hey Harry," I chirped when I slid into the passenger seat.

"Hey Hannah Banana," he replied, giving me a cheeky wink, before zooming down the driveway and onto the street. Hannah Banana. Only my mom called me that. Harry started after she died so we could always have a piece of her with us. Think it's lame? I don't, I think it's sweet of him. Her death hit Harry pretty hard, she was like a second mom to him.

I gave a Harry a half smile and gazed out the window of his range rover at the houses and shops whizzing by. I glanced at Harry and there seemed to be something bothering him, I could just tell. His brows were furrowed and his lips were in a tight line. "Harry? Are you okay?"

All I got was a tight nod in response. I decided to let it go because I didn't want to start an argument. But every couple seconds I would sneak a glance at him, only to see that he was still looking straight ahead, shoulders tense and lost in thought.

Harry POV:

I never should've let myself fall for her. She's my best friend, she obviously doesn't feel the same way! God I'm an idiot. I couldn't even look at her, she looked so cute in that beanie, I could've just snogged her face off right then and there. I'm glad she let it go, I'm not sure how well my lying skills may have worked. Once we got to school I got out of the car as fast as I could and jogged around to Hannah's side, opening her door like a gentleman. It's a start right?

"Thank you, sir," she giggled, giving me a wink. Her laugh was perfect. The perfect laugh for the perfect girl. I gave her a smile and led her through the front doors by the small of her back. I ignored the tingling sensations shooting up my arm and focused on where I was going.

--------------------

*AT LUNCH* *STILL HARRY'S POV*

I saw Nick in the cafeteria, flirting with some girls. I haven't talked to him for a few days after that incident and I'd probably never talk to him again. He snogged the girl I love! By force! Five freaking minutes after I told him I was in love with her! Betrayer. If that's even a word. Wow, my mind thinks too much. I almost ran into a table. Smooth move, Haz.

I walked over to where Alice and Hannah were sitting, eating and talking probably about the party tonight. I sat down next to Hannah just so I could be near her. As we were sitting, I felt our knees brushing, sending jolts of electricity through my body. She looked down at our knees and blushed. She blushed? Does that mean she felt the same sparks that I had? She did that adorable thing where she covers her face with her perfect brown hair to hide her crimson cheeks.

-------------------

*AFTER SCHOOL*

Hannah POV:

Alice came home with me after school so we could get ready for the party together. Once we were in the door and said a quick 'hi' to my dad we rushed upstairs and into my bedroom. Alice had her dress with her, so she laid it on my bed along with mine.

"I'll do your hair and then we'll switch, then I'll do your makeup and we'll switch, okay?" She demanded. I gave her a nod and she got to work on my hair. She grabbed my hair straightener and did some weird technique to make my curly hair straight, then slightly wavy again. She added a silver crystal headband and my hair was finished.

For Alice's hair, I curled her usually straight locks and did a waterfall braid going from the right side of her head to the left side. She looked stunning already and we just started!

"Okay makeup time!" She exclaimed. I laughed and sat down. She applied foundation to even out my skin tone, some light peach colored blush, gold eyeshadow, mascara, and some light pink lipstick. I thanked her then started on hers. Since she's a bit more daring with her makeup I applied more than she did to me. I used pink blusher, gold eyeshadow, mint green eyeliner on her waterline, black eyeliner on the top and bottom, mascara, and a light pink lip gloss that had gold specks onto her lips. We slipped on our dresses and grabbed some accessories. I was wearing a black leather jacket over my dress, the beige pumps I bought at the mall yesterday, a beige nail polish, and a beige clutch that had a big bow on it. Alice had her red flats, gold shiny nails, a gold cross ring, a gold studded bracelet, and a bright red clutch.

"I don't know about you but I feel hot," Alice laughed, while checking herself out in the mirror. I giggled and agreed.

"Well I'm sure that's because we look absolutely smashing." I said in a posh voice, chuckling.

"Let's be off, madam!" Alice replied, equally as posh, and we both laughed

After yelling a 'bye' to my dad and Jack, we headed outside to meet Harry, since he was driving us. Once we opened the door he gave Alice a wolf whistle and a wink. I felt a pang of jealousy in my chest, and secretly scowled at Alice's back. But when Harry looked at me, his eyes widened and his jaw dropped. I blushed and looked down, my hair covering my reddened cheeks.

"Uh...wow. Y-you look really great," Harry stuttered, his eyes raking my body and made-up face.

"Both of you." He quickly added, glancing at Alice and then turning attention back to me. Alice giggled and gave me a quick wink. Que the blushing. Gosh, I haven't blushed so much in...ever!

"Th-thanks," Oh great now I'm stuttering too. "Well? What are we waiting for? Let's go party!

I have to admit: Harry looked HOT. He was wearing black skinny jeans that hung low on his hips, a white t-shirt, and a blue blazer. His curls were a little more tamed than usual, but somehow still messy. He looked absolutely amazing.

When we got to the house where the party was being held, it was already in full swing. Teenagers were scattered outside and inside, holding red cups filled with alcohol, no doubt. We piled out of the car and Alice went ahead of us into the house. Harry and I slowly made our way inside, and Harry held the door for me, like a gentleman. I mumbled a 'thanks' and entered the house. Bodies were pressed against each other, grinding to the beat of Chris Brown's "Turn Up The Music". Typical. In every corner there were people either making out or drinking shots and chatting. Again, typical. I mentally decided, 'what the hell' and made my way to the dance floor to dance.

************************

A/N: IS THAT A GOOD ENOUGH CLIFF HANGAR? probably not. oh well.

VOTE and COMMENT if you think Harry's awkwardly cute