| F O U R T E E N |

Vance's POV:

IT HAS BEEN A WEEK IN THIS BASEMENT.

The smell of old eggs and flat sprite lingered the room. I slowly chewed some as i put it in my mouth, leaving some for the others. I ate more then the others. I was trying to get them out, I will get them out. I'll do it for Y/n.
"How are you feeling Griffin, and Billy. Are you guys good." I could tell they were scared of me, but now i felt i had a need to protect them from the grabber. Whatever that shitty name was.

"Im f-fine, So is griffin." Billy spoke for griffin. I know he was scared. There was dried tears on his cheeks, But billy held Griffin close, he attempted to comfort him, and it worked.

"We are getting out today. I know it'll be hard. But once he gets the second platter of eggs, we need to try, and we'll succeed. Trust me." I gave them a harsh look, they just nodded. "Now get some sleep, or you can eat, just stay safe." I spoke to them and they nodded, they barely spoke. But I know they trusted me, or at least now they did.

I pushed eggs closer to them, leaving the bottle of sprite on the tray. I walked to the small bathroom, pulling a small piece of sharp wire out. I sharpened it on the wall daily, making sure that it'd be sharp enough. I tested on my skin to see, today, it cut deep. Of course it stung, but someone had to test it.

THE NERVES IN THIS ROOM SHOOK VANCE CRAZY
No ones POV:
Vance held a hand over his cut, forcing the blood to stop and dry on his fingers. After fifteen minute the bleeding eased. And small snores were heard. Vance could here the clanging metal of the door and dropped what he was doing and walked out. Sitting on the concrete floor.

"More eggs for you, you have been good. I may let you out soon if you keep it up." The grabbers voice made Vance feel insane. More then he already was, but he knew the grabber was lying. He'd never let them out unless he killed him. Killed the shitty man. With everything he had.

Vance scooped a small pile of eggs into his hand. Chewing lightly, he took one half and put it in the bathroom. Mixing the last two halves together for Billy and Griffin.

"Is he gone y-yet." Griffins voice spoke as he pulled his body close to Billy's, scared as ever.
"Don't worry, he is, eat up Griffin. Save half for billy though." Vances voice was calm, cool toned. Unlike it usually was.

Griffins small audible chews were heard, Vance had learnt ever since being in this small shitty basement that observing and hearing closely were useful.

THE POLICE ARE USELESS

Vance cradled his head in his hands as he was shook crazy.
"Griffin, you have a watch. Don't you?" Vance looked intently at Griffin, trying not to scare him.
"Y-yeah, why?" Griffin voice was small, scared.
"We need it, smash it on the floor, glass will help." Griffin did as told, although salty tears did pour onto the floor.

"Is this good." Griffin stutter stopped. Vance realised why, because he felt at ease. Unlike how Vance felt in this unearthly basement.
"Yes, its great Griffin." Vance picked them up, cutting his fingers in the process. Griffin looked in shock, seeing blood drip down Vances hand.

Vance shoved the small pieces into piece of broken carpet which he had ripped off the massive rolls which were held down in the basement. Griffin and billy both watched, feeling useless.

"Could griffin and I help?" Billy's voice spoke with confidence as Vance stared back.
"Dig a hole in the tile, then use this shoelace. I'll lead him down in this corner and he'll trip in the hole. Then we attack, hard and fast. Three can beat one easily, we can beat the shit out of him easily." Vance spoke loud and proud, pretending to throw his hands in the air with celebration. Making the others giggle slightly.