Chapter 1 - Another chance

POV: Arthur Leywin

It's been 7 years since I was born in this new world, I'm currently enlisting as my parents said we were going to visit one of their partners to test my skills with other geniuses.

I've been using the skills I collected throughout my past life, so now I'm something of a super genius, or so you see me here, although I can't deny it.

I'm only 7 years old and I can already beat adults in fights, plus it doesn't matter how experienced they are since apparently the martial arts I use are unknown in this world, well, I'm also much better than these people in many things, not even They couldn't even have more experience than me, I've already lived through many wars... They couldn't even intimidate me, after all I've killed thousands of people, some of which I regret...

Besides that after ruling the whole world for more than 20 years I collected a lot of knowledge, I am much smarter than many of the most recognized geniuses in the country, my parents always decided to keep my abilities undercover so as not to draw the attention of dangerous people, but at the same time apparently today they decided that I could use my skills and measure myself against some geniuses of the country.

???: Art! You're ready? It's time to go, come down now!

Arthur: I'm coming mom!

My mother Helen is a very caring person, throughout my current life she has taught me the essentials to be a good person, since we are one of the richest families in all of Japan she says she doesn't want me to become another rich kid arrogant and always keep my humility wherever I go.

Since my past life I never managed to experience what a family was, I never knew what it was to have friends or what love was, when I was learning to experience that, the tragedies that I have been trying to forget began to occur.

Although I still don't know how I feel about this new "family" I don't know how I'm supposed to feel towards them, I don't know if I really love them, I'm just letting everything flow, I hope one day I'll be sure of these feelings and adapt to them.

Sometimes I feel guilty, hiding from her that I am a reincarnated person makes me feel bad, she loves me as if I were really her son, I don't know how this happened, it's not my fault, I don't know if my soul entered the body of her real son and died, that's what I've been trying to tell myself so I don't feel guilty.

"I'm ready mom, where's dad?" I said as she walked down the stairs, my mother was sitting on a couch in the huge living room as she sipped a glass of wine.

"Wow, son, you're a hunk, aren't you? Hahaha, make sure you find yourself a good girlfriend, I'm sure the girls are going to shower you" he said with a mocking smile, I simply put on a blank face because of his bad jokes, although I knew that weren't jokes, I'm actually quite attractive-"As for your father, he's waiting in the limo, now that you're ready we should go" I just nodded as we headed to the exit to be escorted to a very luxurious limo.

"Mm, son, you are handsome, are you going to find a girlfriend or are you going to an intellect test?" Dad said to which I just put another expressionless face, they've been making these jokes for a long time, they're getting tired...

"Well, it's not like I can't do both right?" I said with an expressionless face, with this joke I would manage to lighten the atmosphere that I noticed as soon as I saw my father, he seems nervous for some reason.

"Hahaha, I hope you at least get a nice girl and not an interested one like most of my ex-girlfriends"
She barely said this and I could already feel the bloodlust emanating from mom, she never liked it when dad talked about the girls she used to go out with, regardless of whether they were good or bad things.