It only means I’m being serious.

        “Promise me,” he demanded after a while of us hugging one another tightly, “you’ll never hide anything from me ever again, which means you must be completely truthful from now on. I won’t commit that mistake, too.”

        I grabbed a fistful of his cotton T-shirt into my palms and nodded, “I promise.”

        “Happy ever after, yet?” Alli’s voice bounced off the walls of the room, producing a slight echo effect. She sounded like she was over crying, which made my heart ease more but it didn’t entirely mean the guilt had completely washed off.

        “I guess you could say that,” Cody answered on behalf the both of us, while we slowly untangled our arms from each other. My heart may not literally feel full, but it felt complete with all these patching up that were happening.

        “Great, now, want to dine out? Matt’s treating us.”

***

“Okay, listen, Cody,” Matt said right after the last person in the group had finished eating their burger, also known as Merinda Lee Anderson, also known as me.

          “From tomorrow onwards until the end of week, which is about five and a half days, you’ll have a fan joining you on tour. There was a competition held in Canada’s local radio station, and apparently that girl had won it? So she has a chance to join you on tour for five days.”

        “Wait,” Cody’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion, “why are you only telling me this now? Why are you telling me this at the eleventh hour? I thought you should have had this discussion a long time ago?”

        “I’m sorry!” Matt apologized exasperatedly. “As unprofessional as it may sound, it totally slipped my mind and I completely forgot everything. It wasn’t until like an hour ago when I’d realized I had forgotten to tell you in the last seven days.”

        “Well,” Cody raised his eyebrows this time, “fine. But we have to do something about Merinda.”

        “Me?” I instinctively asked, raising a finger to point at myself. “What do you all have to do about me?”

        “Nobody knows you’re ‘The Cody Simpson’s’ girlfriend, Merinda,” Alli reminded me, and probably to the rest as well, “but don’t worry, Cody, Matt, I have an idea. Which, I would count as pretty witty.”

        All of us kept our gazes steadily on her and watched as she literally kicked her feet back, crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back on the backrest of the chair, “Just like Sophie, she could be my best friend. She’ll just be a normal girl with no fame to interrupt her life. Fair enough?”

        My eyes moved onto Cody who averted his gaze to Matt, who just kept on staring at Alli, with the deepest pondering facial expression ever. It probably took him two minutes to break into an “okay” that made all of us fist-pump the air.

        Well, anyway it’s more like they fist-pumped instead of me.

        No, it’s not that I was unhappy with that idea, or that I didn’t like the idea of not having anyone know I was Cody’s girlfriend. No, it had nothing to do with what I was thinking over. I hadn’t even been thinking about that, at all.

          All that could only come to my mind was… Well, if Cody’s fan would be nice and easy to get along with.

        Or if she’s a thousand times more beautiful than I am.