Nightmares and Cuddles

Words: 341

Genre: Fluff I guess? Idk

Warnings: None, unless insults and nightmares are a warning? If so, skip the writing in italics.

Summary: Just a short drabble about nightmares and cuddles. Idek I had writer's block but I wanted to do something. I'll probably post another today too.

 "I love you, Phil." Dan hummed, cuddled up to Phil on the couch. It was a common occurrence for them, just watching some anime and making comments to each other every so often. He smiled up at Phil, watching the way his eyes were transfixed by what was happening on the screen. Truth be told, Dan watched Phil more than the actual tv whenever they sat together.

"Why would I love you? You are worthless, absolutely worthless. No one will ever love you." Phil retorted flatly, not bothering to move.

"But-" Dan cut himself off, not knowing what to say as he fell into a fit of tears, curling his knees up to his chest. Phil didn't even look at him, he just looked at the tv.

Phil continued to insult Dan, spitting crude insults at him and not even looking at him as he did. Dan was still crying, just letting Phil say whatever he pleased. Just when Phil was about to say something else...

He woke up. He didn't wake up alone either, Phil was sat beside him in the bed, looking at him with a concerned expression. Dan wiped at his eyes as he scooted back against the headboard, not wanting to face Phil after that had happened.

"Dan, love, talk to me. Please," Phil repeated, the same phrase he had been saying as he tried to wake Dan up. "Can I get you anything?" He added with a sigh, reaching his hand out and running it along Dan's back.

"C-Can w-we just cuddle?" Dan mumbled, laying curled up in the duvet on his side, already letting his eyes fall shut again.

"Of course we can," Phil smiled, curling up behind Dan and wrapping his arms around him, nuzzling his face into Dan's shoulder. "I'm always here if you need anything. I love you so much, and don't you ever forget it." He reassured, tracing small circles into Dan's hips.

"I love you too," Dan murmured, happily drifting off to sleep again as he laid in Phil's arms.