Chapter II: A Rollercoaster Of A Day

I just realised I forgot about Remus so my solution is: Remus was getting werewolf allies for the war so he was in a forest and James, Lily and Sirius couldn't contact him. Pretty good right?

A five-year-old Hadrian watched morosely from the shadows as his twin sister enjoyed her birthday party in Potter Manor. A birthday party which should have been their birthday party.

Alina was talking to Ronald Weasley, or Ron, and Ginevra Weasley, or Ginny. Ron was their age, five, while Ginny was a year younger at four. Many other children were there and some adults as well. Hannah Abbot and her mum Jilliana Abbot, Susan Bones and her aunt Amelia Bones, Neville Longbottom and his grandmother Augusta Longbottom, Fred and George Weasley and their mum Molly Weasley were there as well. The rest of the Weasley family was at home.

James and Lily Potter were adamant that "No slimy, Slytherin gits are attending my sweet Alina's birthday party,"

Hadrian wondered, not for the first time, why his parents didn't love him. They loved Alina, but why not him? Alina always makes messes with her magic that they have to clean up, but he didn't. He made sure his magic made no messes. When Alina breaks something, they just smile and fix it. When I break something, they yell at me. Why don't they love me?

Hadrian tried to hold back his tears. He snuck away from the shadows of the hallway where he was hiding, before running to his room. He quietly closed the door of his room before running to his bed sobbing his heart out.

Unknowingly, Hadrian's magic locked the door and silenced it. He just did not understand. What did he do that made his parents not love him? He remembered a year ago, he stopped getting brought down for meals.

-Flashback-

Hadrian was very confused. His mum had stopped bringing him down for meals and he didn't know why. Did he do something? His tummy rumbled, reminding him of his hunger. He screwed up his face with thought. His mum did something when she wanted something, but what? He looked through his memories.

Oh! She called 'Blinky' and a poor creature wearing a dirty pillowcase came. A house elf? He heard his dad call them that.

His tummy was still rumbling, encouraging him to try whatever it was that his mum did to summon those creatures.

He tried saying 'Blinky'. When that didn't work, he tried saying it like he calling for someone, like his mum did, instead of just saying the words. To his partial surprise, a house elf popped in front of him.

"What can Blinky do for Young Master Hadrian?"

"Um, can you give me food?" Hadrian asked shyly.

"Of course Young Master Hadrian," Blinky replied, snapping his fingers. A cheese sandwich popped in front of him.

"Thank you," Hadrian said softly, grateful for some food.

Blinky's eyes widened and he popped away.

-End Flashback-

That was the start of his relationship with the house elves.

-Flashback-