vi|not so bad when you're hungover.

»Yoke Lore, Beige. «
0:00 ─〇───── 3:23
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

"𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒾𝒻𝓊𝓁, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝒾𝓃'𝓉 𝒽𝒶𝓁𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝓁𝒹 𝓉𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓁 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝑔𝑜𝓉 '𝒸𝒶𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓉 𝒶𝓁𝓁

"𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒾𝒻𝓊𝓁, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝒾𝓃'𝓉 𝒽𝒶𝓁𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝓁𝒹 𝓉𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓁 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝑔𝑜𝓉 '𝒸𝒶𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓉 𝒶𝓁𝓁."

≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡

"Y/N?" Steve awakens me from my slumber. I open my eyes, squinting against the painfully bright light of the morning.

"Oh God, someone turn the sun off," I groan.

Steve looks at the bottle on the floor next to me. "Jesus, how much did you drink?"

"Does it matter?" I retort. 

"How's that hangover feel?" he prods. 

"How's yours?" I deflect. 

He leans against the kitchen bar and frowns. "Terrible. I feel like I'm dying," His sigh is laced with irritation. "Get up. I have to take you home and clean up this mess before my parents get home." he runs a hand through his fluffy hair, golden strands shimmering in the light from the window. I force my eyes to stay open. They burn against the sunlight as I follow Steve's movements around the house. He walks with a wide, confident stride, taking up as much space as possible. He always leans on his right foot and kicks his left up when he bends down, snatching discarded beer cans off the kitchen floor. 

I sit up and scan the room. How did I not realize how wrecked the house was last night?

"Want some help?" I offer. Steve gives me a look like he's contemplating whether he heard me right. "What? I mean, I feel bad. I drank, like, half your liquor. Consider it paying you back for the ass beating you're probably gonna get." I hate feeling like I owe anyone anything. It's a liability I don't often afford. Helping him out with the house will even things out in my mind.

Steve shrugs and grabs a trash bag from under the kitchen sink. He hands me one, and we head to the backyard. It's littered with garbage and beer cans. I stand up, trying my best not to display how wobbly I am. How do six teenagers cause so much damage?

We don't say a word, picking up the trash and tossing it into the plastic bags. 

"Where's Nancy?" I ask. I know she didn't go home with Barbara. Barb was long gone when I heard the noise upstairs. 

"Sleeping. It's her first hangover," Steve's got that particular dumbstruck look on his face. I don't know much about him, but I know one thing for sure: he's absolutely in love with Nancy. It's cute, in a disgusting way that makes you want to vomit.