Chapter 01 : Carolyn

Comenzar desde el principio

Up until an a hour ago I thought I would stop but the tears just kept flowing and I just sat there crying in silence.

When I wasn't busy crying I tried to sing but I failed at that miserably cause it seems that the one thing that I loved that wasn't grandma was also taken away with her.

"Grandma, I miss you a lot." I stand up and I don't even bother to adjust the dress that was now stuck to my body because of all the tears and sweat.

"Grandma, grandma come back, please!". I wipe my face with both my hands and continue talking in nothing but mere whisper. "Come back, you said you wouldn't leave but you did. You lied, just like Elina did before she took her life. You all lied!" I scream in hoarse voice. "Why did you not beat it, you were a fighter. Couldn't you just fight that last battle for me?"

After a while I collapse onto the floor and just started crying again.

☔︎☔︎☔︎☔︎

My grandma was my everything so when she died I had nothing.

When I was 3 years old, my mom was diagnosed with a postnatal PTSD so my grandma moved in to help my dad with caring and raising my brother and I, but later my mom's condition deteriorated, causing her to take her life when I was 7 years old. So ever since then my grandma took care of me but I never forgot my mom although I grew up to love and respect my grandmother more than my own mother because she was always there. The fact that she's gone feels so unreal.

☔︎☔︎☔︎☔︎

It has been 2 months since my grandma's passing and I have been in and out of the hospital and my dad has been pretty worried so he has been trying to talk me into going to a boarding school I applied for about a year ago for music. Consequently, he's been getting the silent treatment he deserves.

I hear my ringtone and decide to pickup without even bothering to look at the
contact name since I already knew who it was.

"Joy." Dad says softly through the phone.

And if you are guessing, Joy is my middle name so I'm actually Carolyn Joy Allard.

"Yes dad."

"Please come sit and talk to me and if you don't want to, you can atleast listen to what I have to say."

After thinking for about 5 seconds I nod a yes but remember that he can't see me."Fine."

I hang up, wash my face to remove all signs that I have been crying, prepare myself mentally for the the talk and head for the door.

☔︎☔︎☔︎☔︎

I sit myself down on the carpet with my legs crossed.

I stare at my dad, hoping to hear him give up the idea of the boarding school.

"Joy, I know that you don't sing anymore and that's fine because no one's forcing you to sing again" He pause for a moment to make sure I'm not ignoring him before letting out a sigh.

He adjusts in his chair "I just want you to have a change of atmosphere because you don't want to see a therapist, you cry every night and you refuse to see your family and friends and I can't bare to see you like this."

"Dad, I'm fine." I mutter.

"Please, you can try it out for a while and if you don't like it you can comeback home, okay?" He says as a few tears start forming in he's eyes.

I don't really think I can trust him at this point even though the tears seem genuine I feel like he's playing me like why not, this man has got skills, he's a businessman after all, A BUSINESS MAN THAT OWNS A MULTI MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY. What if this is just a business deal to him. But what if it isn't.

I felt like I couldn't breath, I felt scared but I also felt brave. "Okay, Why not." I say after realizing how much he was hurting.

"Okay, so you agree?" a smile begins to form on his face.

I guess there's no turning back now.

"Yep, I agree."

"Okay, you will be leaving next week"

Agh, next week? Oh, that's a great good bye to alone time and an even greater hello to people, GREAT!

☔︎☔︎☔︎☔︎

Hey, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter

Please leave a like or comment to show your support.🥺