Second Impressions

Začít od začátku

"You looking at something, kid?" The man asked. 

"Yeah, you." I told him. I straightened my posture. 

"Watch it, just because you're Mandalorian doesn't mean I won't hesitate to kill you."  He said, his hand resting on one of his pistols. 

"Wanna put that to the test?" I told him. I had to seem like I was a scummy bounty hunter, not a high valued Jedi.

Suddenly, two men walked up to us. One was in yellow armor, and was supposedly Master Kenobi in disguise, the other, was Cad Bane. 

"That's a nice hat. Where'd you get it?" Bane said. 

The man turned his head slightly at Bane. He didn't answer. 

Bane pulled out his blaster, and it was instantly shot out of his hand. All the bounty hunters looked at the two of them, and the blaster on the ground. The man spun his blaster, and put it back in his holster. 

Bane grumbled, picking up his blaster, and instantly killing an Ithorian with another nice hat. Its twin looked at the body and then Bane. 

"Welcome to Serenno." Dooku said, escorted by Moralo Eval and magna guards. The hunters gathered in a circle, listening to Dooku. "You have been invited here because you are the best bounty hunters in the galaxy." 

Dooku began calling out names. 

"Kiera Swan, two-time winner of the Obsidian Sphere."

"Derrown, known simply as The Exterminator." 

"Sixtat, the outlands butcher."

"Embo, your bounty tallies were second to one, last season."

"Cad Bane, who needs no introduction."

"Rako Hardeen, the marksman of Concord Dawn."

"Jakoli, known for never bringing anyone back alive."

"Onca, you and your brother have been a legendary team. This challenge may prove difficult for you alone." 

"Twazzi, your acrobatics once earned you praise from Chancellor Valorum."

"Sinrich, inventor of the holographic disguise matrix."

"Mantu, your people were once a peaceful race. How far they have fallen."

"The Exile. A former Death Watch Mandalorian with deadly skills." I noticed he was referring to me.

"And finally, The Shadow. His identity is unknown, and infamous for the slaughter of dozens of Jedi."

After the introductions, Dooku got on with it.

"In a few moments, all thirteen of you will enter what we call "The Box."Everyone turned to see the floating massive cube-shaped structure. "Some of you will not make it out alive. For those who do, we are looking for the 7 most skilled among you. Any additional survivors will be eliminated. To preserve to preserve the integrity of the job that awaits you, place your weapons here." Dooku gestured to a table. "You will of course, be paid most handsomely if you survive."

I placed my pistols and jetpack on the tray as Dooku kept talking. I emptied out any of the firearms in my gauntlet, and took out the charges. 

Moralo Eval now spoke. "Listen up. The Box was designed by me, Moralo Eval, to simulate certain situations that might happen on the job. Go now, enter The Box. If you have the courage."

We all didn't hesitate to enter. The thirteen bounty hunters entered an elevator, which took us up to a white room with cubed outlines. It looked somewhat similar to what some Jedi Generals have on their ship for a training room. Master Jaro Tapal had one. Suddenly, the cubes showed Moralo Eval on the screen.