"You always find ways to mess up everything around us. Last year, all you wanted to do was pick fights with me over the stupidest things, and your erratic behavior of doing whatever you want no matter how it affects those around you has yet to change! It's like I'm a magnet for bad things to come into my life and torment me!" He scoffed, tugging his hair in one of his fists, and avoiding my eyes that I could feel stinging now with tears that I wouldn't let fall.

"Is that really how you feel?" I whispered. Merlin, talk about a knife to the chest. His stiff expression turned towards mine as he heard my defeated tone, and this strange character he had been pretending to be had vanished in a heartbeat.

"Rubes, I didn't mean that... I'm sorry." He stuttered out as his mind played back what he had just said aloud. His breathing slowed and his features started to soften as I looked at him.

"I really am sorry. I know you've probably thought of it over and over in the last few days and it has made you very angry... because I've done the same thing and the more time that has passed, the guiltier I have felt." I explained to him. He looked a bit more understanding now, like I had struck a nerve with my verge of tears.

"I just... I guess you're right. The more I think of it and how much you hurt my feelings, the more upset I get. Poor Ron and Hermione have been getting the ear loads since we left you at the Tournament." His shoulders slumped and he let his lips fall into a frown. "I should've never picked this fight. Malfoy is just foul and evil, and it really hurt me to imagine you remotely hanging out with him because you're... you. And... I think I wanted to hurt you, too..." He admitted in a hushed tone as guilt flushed over his features and he started tugging at his fingers.

"You know you're one of the most important people in my life, right?" I asked him softly while I reached out and brushed the back of his hand with my fingers. He was the one to grab ahold of them and hold them in his own, giving them a tight squeeze like my touch had brought him back down to Earth. "I know we argue the most out of the lot, and we pick on each other far more than anyone else, but that's us. I never do it intentionally. I don't wake up in the mornings and find ways to pull you into trouble-"

"I know you don't. You aren't the bad luck in my life, Ruby. I should've never insinuated that. I've had it long before I even met you, and we both know it. You're one of the only good things I have." He rushed out, pulling our hands up to his chest and keeping his eyes on our intertwined fingers.

"You are my best friend, Harry. You always have been, and you always will be. Please don't let this ruin everything for us. I feel awful enough as it is." My voice strained as I begged him. He let out a long sigh and ruffled his hair out of habit before he released me and sat back down on his seat while he  patted the spot next to him for me to join him.

"You promise me that you still can't stand him? That you don't fancy him or anything?" Harry asked me quietly as he laid his head back against the seat. I gave him a weak smile and nodded my head.

"I loathe the fucking prick." I chuckled, and his usual cheeky grin returned to his face and you'd have never known he was upset to begin with. "Do you feel better now? Are we good?" I asked him.

"Yeah, Rubes. We're good. More than good." He nodded as he placed his hand across my grey sweatpants carelessly. "But I swear to Godric himself, if you ever pull something like that again— especially in front of me— I'll never speak to you." He gave me as serious of a look as he could manage, but I just giggled at him and gave an amused nod.

"Okay." I chuckled, and crossed my arms over my chest. "I don't know whether I should find this flattering or if I should be mocking you. Jealousy isn't a good look on you." I teased, letting myself relax and lean into him.