ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟡 - 𝔼𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪

Start from the beginning

It looked like they were dead from first glance, but all of them still held a tinge of life in them.

Why…

Why didn't she kill them?

As much as she hated to admit it, the brat was right…she held back.

Against each and every one of them, she held back without even thinking about it.

And even now, she wished to tear the boy to shreds, clawing him apart until he was just a pile of blood and flesh on the ground. She knew she could do it, she knew she could kill him now without anyone being able to comprehend his death in the short time it could happen.

But…it was as though she couldnt move.

It was like she was frozen in place, paralyzed by something she wanted dead.

Something that had been holding her back this whole time.

"Come back to us, Nee-chan…please…" The boy practically begged, falling to his knees and staring into her eyes as his tears slipped into the night. "I BEG OF YOU! COME BACK!"

She was about to speak, but was once again interrupted by the weeping boy. "I don't know how much pain he caused you…" The demon's eyes instinctively flinched, their pupils dilating. "I don't know how he did this to you…but I know it hurts. I know he hurt you more than anyone could describe…" A sudden shiver ran down their spine and her lip trembled. "But I also know you hate him as much as he hates you! I know that you want to beat him no matter what! You always have…"

Why was she reacting this way to…words?

From a boy who she recognized more than the rest, from a boy who has done nothing but taunt her since they met in this form, but she didn't understand his words of encouragement. She only understood that he wanted to get the better of her, to kill her when the time is right.

She didn't listen to a word he just spoke, she knew it was a ploy…but then…

Why did it feel…nice..

Like a part of her was put back into place, like she had been completed and she was now whole.

Like she wasn't a demon at all.

No.

She couldn't think that.

She was a demon.

She wasn't whole.

A piece of her was missing.

She was fine with that.

She turned her body so the side of her was facing the boy. Her legs spread apart and she crouched down, pulling her arm back and tensing her hands, allowing her nails to sharpen like before.

Arrows pierced through her back, circling around her pulled back hand as she glared.

He was her enemy.

They all are.

Every single human.

Every single demon.

And she would defeat all of her enemies.

She stomped her foot down on the woman below her, holding her in place as she glared. They all shook.

Her presence only grew.

It was as though something had pierced through everyone's chest, as though the entire world was crumbling around them, causing unthinkable agony to each and every one of them.

That was her presence, and it only grew with every passing moment.

Genya fell to his knees, clutching his chest as he panted, all the while, the demon's pupils thinned into cat-like and sharp infinities of ebony. "How dare you..you know nothing…" Tanjiro's eyes widened as Kanao gritted her teeth.