𝟙𝟙 - 𝕌𝕟𝕦𝕤𝕦𝕒𝕝 𝔸𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕤

============================

'CRASH'

I fell into a dimly lit alleyway. The alley walls were mossy, and the silhouettes of the night filled my view. The majority of the shattered bricks had begun to fall out of their proper places on the walls, and the floor had cigarette ash streaks as well as being stretched by the odor of alcohol in the dead of night. The ground felt rough and frigid beneath my form and the distant screams and cheers of civilians echoed through the streets.

I was lying on my back, clutching my chest in excruciating anguish. With every attempted breath, blood gushed from my mouth like a torrent, and my chest heaved. My eyes widened in desperation as air refused to enter my lungs, and my cuts swelled as if it was being burnt by a lump of hot coal on a fresh wound.

My hands trembled and my body shook, no sound came out of my mouth as I struggled for air. My breathing was obstructed by blood, and I gasped desperately for air. My ears began to ring severely as the pulse of my heart could be heard like a loud beating drum next to my ear.

When my eyes grew bloodshot, I started coughing violently. In an attempt to relieve the extreme agony in my lungs, I scraped at my throat. Nail marks remained and began to bleed, intensifying my discomfort.

As I continued to gasp, a distant voice broke through my dread and I felt my head being hauled up onto someone's lap. A gentle hand stroked my hair in an attempt to comfort me, and I heard Tanjiro's distant panicked voice.

Someone held my jaw open, and then the marvelous comfort of water flooded down my aching throat. My coughing subsided, and the blood from my cuts and mouth continued to flow. I exhaled deeply as relief washed over me and my breathing regained its normal rhythm. When the ringing in my ears eventually subsided and I heard the voices of my saviors, my body still trembled.

"(Y/N)-Nee, are you alright?!" Tanjiro screamed in worry with tears threatening to fall down his face. I gently smiled as I softly looked at the boy on the left of me.

I chuckled painfully before responding. "What...do you..think?" I tensed and shut my eyes tightly as the pain started to once again flow all over my body.

A new voice suddenly spoke up, and it came from above me. "You fool, what makes you think you can take on that man by yourself?" After speaking, the man released a scoff. I gently opened my eyes and was greeted by a lavender stare. The boy's hair was teal and black and brushed neatly. As he balled his hand and gently hit my forehead as a kind of scolding, his harsh glare contrasted with his white and blue attire.'Am I hallucinating, because I'm currently lying on a demon's lap, whilst being scolded after fighting in the sky.' I thought as he continued to lightly hit my head. 'Have I lost too much blood? Will I die? People hallucinate before they die, right?' I questioned in my daze.