THE KYUBI ATTACK

Magsimula sa umpisa

Her eyes looked at him grimly, "What are you going to do now, Minato?" whispered Kushina, already dreading his answer.

"I will have to split the demon and seal it into our children." Minato confessed thickly. "I cannot ask another parent to sacrifice their child if I cannot do it to my own. How I'll split it, I haven't decided, but I'll figure it out. Don't you worry." he said in a reassuring tone, but Kushina started crying.

"You're going to use that jutsu, aren't you?" she asked him in sobs.

Minato looked down solemnly solemnly. "There is no other way. But, at least, I can rest happy that they will have you watching over them." he admitted and she nodded. She hugged her children tightly to her chest and cried as Minato put on his cloak, created four shadow clones who teleported to a clearing outside the village, and he himself teleported to the top of the Hokage monument only to see the Kyūbi destroying the better half of his village in a crazed rampage.

Minato activated his Sharingan and flared his chakra to turn the Kyūbi attention towards him. He watched, his Sharingan flaring, as the Kyūbi started gathering chakra near his mouth and condensed it into a sphere before launching it towards him. Minato knew instinctively that should he let that attack hit, then everything and everyone near the mountain will be destroyed as well. That was not an outcome he as Hokage was willing to take place.

Not as long as he was still breathing.

Minato went through several hand seals, and put his hands forward. Kanji spread in the air as it started absorbing the bijūdama, and teleported it outside the village. The villagers cheered seeing their Hokage take control of the battle. Through the hoots and cheers, Minato felt his instincts screaming danger as he felt a presence behind him. Twisting around, he sawed his arm around and pierced a kunai at the masked man's head, but was stunned when it fazed right through his head and the enemy grabbed his wrist in an iron bind.

The masked man spoke once more, in a serious tone this time, completely different from his childish tone before. "It's over." he stated dryly. Minato smirked, exploding, and took the masked man by complete surprise. The invader cradled his burnt body, and seethed at being fooled by a mere substitution. Moreover, he had taken quite a bit of damage from that unexpectedly effective attack.

Minato teleported to a rooftop nearby the bijū, and bit his thumb. He went through a chain of hand seals and slammed his palm on the ground.

"Ninja Art : Summoning Jutsu - Food Cart Destroyer!"

The whole ground rumbled as Gamabunta appeared on top of the Kyūbi, and slammed his butt over his head. The bijūdama he was preparing, disappearing from the abrupt distraction.

"Eh?! Minato why the hell did you summ... Oi! Is that the Kyūbi I'm sitting on?!" Gamabunta yelled frantically just as Minato hopped on top of his head, and started gathering his own chakra.

"Bunta, just hold down the Kyūbi for a moment. I will subdue it, and seal it into my children." he said, and Gamabunta slammed his back over Kyūbi who tried to roar in defiance.

"Stand down ya stupid mutt! Minato, do you really think it wise to seal it into your own children? You know what kind of lives Jinchuriki lead, are you sure about this?" he asked, and Minato had a solemn look on his face.

"There is no other way." he sighed. "Besides, Kushina will take care of them. The only regret I have is that I wont be able to make my son into the shinobi I want him to be with my own hands, and watch my daughters grow up into the fine women I know they'll be." he admitted, and Gamabunta nodded with a sad smile. Minato finished gathering his chakra and teleported them outside the village in the clearing where his clones had already set up a barrier.