Quite Bitter Realities

I layed in my bed the night I got home from the hospital. It felt good to have a soft mattress to support my back. I sat trying to think of better things than that night. The night I saw through hell. I crossed my hands over my bare chest and drifted into sleep.

The room got uncomfortably chilly and Wilbur was forced to wake up. His eyes wide as he seen a figure knocking at his locked door, appearing to try to escape. He looked closely. It was himself. A tall, brown haired boy crying and hitting at the door. Wilbur approached the copycat version of himself but it dissipated into thin air as Wilbur went through it. He unhatched the lock looking out at the hallway that leads to his parents room.
Their room was locked and safe. Then there was a screeching noise from downstairs, It was getting closer and closer. Finally, it stopped.

He looked over the balcony of the stairs seeing at the bottom a shadow being cast. He backed up hesitantly, back toward his door. The door slammed. Wilbur tried pulling it open but it was no use. Struggling, he now heard the figure move up the stairs. Slowly it came up. He made out long curved claws that touched the ground, It was hunched over and was making a noise with its mouth like a snakes rattler. Wilbur panicked.
He charged through his parent's locked door. Surprised to see he actually busted through, he was also in shock because he now was on the ground scrambling as the beast approached the now opened door. "H-helppp!" he screamed, hoping to wake the parents. He was now face to face with the monster. He could now see its menacing eyes beat red. It had facial features of a woman. This may have been the woman that was killed in the home 20+ years before. By her husband. He knew it wasn't really her behind the being. There was now evil inside her and that evil was currently taking its toll on Wilbur.

Before it could reach around him, he managed to push her to the ground. She grabbed hold of his leg and forced him to fall on his face. He looked back mesmerized as the beast mouth opened wide towards the ankle. He couldn't do anything, he was frozen like that night. There began a burning sensation on his ankle that caused him to cry out in pain. There was now blood pouring from his wound and the terrible beast had a chunk of skin hanging out of its mouth.

"Aghhhh!" I awoke in bed, sweating and punching the air. I was relieved to be in my bed again but... I still had a stinging feeling running down my leg. I pulled up my pants to see. At my ankle was a scratch, appearing to be a knife cut into it. I lost all breath and started sweating more. "This... This is real."